or Connect

Posts by augustashley

Thanks for all the suggestions! I hadn't heard about soy also being problematic, and I do frequently consume soy products-I'm going to cut that out as well and see if it eases up. If it doesn't, I'm going to try fennel (I have the extract on hand) and perhaps the organic gripe water... after doing more reading I don't want the ones that have the sodium bicarbonate unless things get pretty rough.
Hi! Thanks in advance for your help! I have a 4 wk. old exclusively breastfed baby. He seems to have a sensitive stomach, and I've already pinpointed dairy, onions, and spices as being troublesome and am avoiding them completely. He still, however, every other day or so, will have horrible stomach cramps (you can hear the gurgling and feel his little body tense up) accompanied by a screaming crying jag and followed by release of much gas/BM. I have heard about...
Plus, I meant to add, if you decide you just must have [xxxx] during the birth, whether it be another pillow, a heated rice sock (wonderful birth tool-just microwave it for about a minute and it will retain the heat and be comfortable for your back/neck/abdomen) or some special OJ from the store ,it is nice to have a second person so you have a "runner" and someone will still always be with you.
I would definitely recommend the Bradley method classes if you could get to them in your area! It immediately came to mind reading your post. If not, the book is good as well, but the hands on time where our instructor put us in a scenario and asked us questions or suggested things to do for comfort (down to showing my DH which direction of massage would feel good, which would not) during the birth was priceless. We took them again during my second pregnancy, and I...
Vaccinations, hands down. According to my neighbor, my first two ped's, my cousins, my MIL, and so forth, I'm endangering the world starting with my children. My question to them is, if vax work, why is my kid a danger to anyone else's? But that seems to make no sense to anyone. My DH is on board, most of the time, but the constant barrage does get him down at times. I have one cousin-in-law on the boat with me, and she (poor thing) has suffered this much worse...
Shebear- Thanks for the detailed description of the rinse method. When I find out what my (new) OB's method of testing is, I will def. follow that route for trying to stay (-)! I was so disappointed when all the oral herbs I was taking didn't work with DS #2!
My first DS I apparently tested negative at my OB (never was notified of the testing he routinely does twice per pregnancy, but found out later) so it wasn't something I worried about in the slightest. Had a great (lllooonnngg) natural labor w/ the last 12 hrs. in the hospital--only intervention was the breaking of waters which my doula even suggested (it had been 45 1/2 hrs of labor) and then he was born within 20 minutes. My second son I tested (+) early in...
I love to dress my two boys (ages 4 and 2) alike or at least coordinating... But it can get so costly--I shop a lot of sales, ebay, and etc. for their clothing... I wish I had as much as they do! LOL... It is just so much more fun to look in the kid section! My 2 yr old is beginning to be a "Spiderman" freak (where he gets it, I don't know!) and my 4 yr old is more into comfort clothes (i.e., no tags, soft, and very worn) and that is pretty much invariably what they wear...