or Connect

Posts by stinkerpie

We gave our then 10-month old son a stripped-down chicken leg bone to chew on when he was teething two years ago, and he bit it so hard it splintered into several pieces. My husband and I just stared at him for a few seconds before jumping up to grab the pieces from him. That was the end of *that*! Amy
We gave our then 10-month old son a stripped-down chicken leg bone to chew on when he was teething two years ago, and he bit it so hard it splintered into several pieces. My husband and I just stared at him for a few seconds before jumping up to grab the pieces from him. That was the end of *that*! Amy
Thanks to everyone who responded. Hugs help. "Regarding both of them and napping, it seems to me that at 7 weeks old, she will fall asleep when she's tired . . " You'd think that, and I wish it were so. She was a really good sleeper until she was about 3 weeks old, when she suddenly stopped falling asleep on her own. It took us a couple of days to realize that if we don't get her at least three good naps during the day, she gets terribly crabby and cries for hours...
It's been a loooong time since I posted here, I've been putting it off in the hopes that our problems would resolve themselves quickly, but no such luck. We have a 2 1/2 year old son, Spencer, who was The World's Most High-Needs Baby. He's never been a good sleeper, and although we co-sleep, he often wakes in the middle of the night, sometimes talking, sometimes crying briefly (this usually happens when he's overtired, which unfortunately occurs very often since the...
Thanks for all the responses! We use fleece liners in all his diapers throughout the day and he doesn't get diaper rash. I use Desitin creamy formula; we tried Burt's Bees but it irritated his skin. I had also tried using a bit of tea tree oil in our spray bottle at one time but it gave him a rash, too. He seems to be sensitive to a lot of things. Amy
We switched to cd back in the spring, but soon had to start using disposables at night because no matter what diaper I put on my toddler, he woke up with terrible diaper rash in the morning. We've tried multiple prefolds with fleece liner, fleece pocket diapers, etc., but nothing seems to keep the wetness away from his skin enough to prevent the irritation. I hate hate hate having to buy disposables every six weeks or so, and would willingly pay good money for a diaper...
I don't think a leave is an option for her, at least not for more than a month or so. . . her position is such that she either has to go back to work, or the library will need to hire someone else to do her job (Public Relations Manager---she's basically a one-woman PR dept.). I did suggest that maybe she use some of her FMLA leave to extend her maternity leave, thinking that maybe it would help show her husband that they'd be fine without her working. Amy
I don't think a leave is an option for her, at least not for more than a month or so. . . her position is such that she either has to go back to work, or the library will need to hire someone else to do her job (Public Relations Manager---she's basically a one-woman PR dept.). I did suggest that maybe she use some of her FMLA leave to extend her maternity leave, thinking that maybe it would help show her husband that they'd be fine without her working. Amy
I'm posting on behalf of a friend who just had a baby boy three weeks ago, please bear with me. My friend used to be my supervisor a few years ago before I quit working when I got pregnant. She always assumed that she'd want to go back to work a few months after the birth of the baby, but now that he's here she does not want to go back at all. The problem is that her husband is totally against her staying home with the baby. I promised her that I'd do what I could to help...
Our 15 month old son has been waking at night several times a night for the past few months, crying very hard. We're in the process of trying to figure out what's wrong, and one of our thoughts is that he might have reflux. DH called the pediatrician about getting a prescription for Zantac to rule out reflux but they won't give a prescription without him having an upper GI, which is a hell of a lot to put the kid thru when they could just write a scrip for him---the dr....