or Connect

Posts by PapayaVagina

Quote: Originally Posted by 4evermom A pulpectomy won't hurt. Not doing one will. Ds had one done under GA, I think the time when he was 5 1/2 (he also had work done at 3 1/2 under GA, about 10 cavities both times and the removal of a supernumerary tooth the second time). He didn't need a cap and has had no problems. He didn't complain of tooth pain, either, just quietly favored the front teeth in his mouth. By age 7, he could deal with having dental...
My 2-year-old will be getting a pulpotomy in a few weeks. This is what we were told today: Her pediatric dentist is going to do it with just versed and some local anesthetic He said the success rate is around 85% He said that it is technically not the same thing as a root canal because it is a baby tooth so the procedure is different Also, I think someone else may have already said this but I highly doubt that remineralizing at this stage would do anything whatsoever...
Wondering if anyone else has been diagnosed with this? I was found to have a fairly large one on a recent x-ray (it was not there 3 years ago or at least didn't show on x-ray 3 years ago) that is just above my chin that I'm guessing has been caused by years of bad night grinding. I don't have any pain over the top of it, but did notice just today that my 4 teeth are slightly loose above it so off to the dentist I go ahead hoping that I don't need to have surgery to remove...
Just wanted to post and see if there were other mamas on here who have little ones with nystagmus and/or retinal disorders? My dd has had horizontal nystagmus since birth. We are preparing to have her first ERG done, but we're nervous about the anesthesia and potential for it being an overall bad experience for dd.
We live in an older home with little to no insulation so we often get condensation on our walls during the winter time when we have the heat turned up. When we were cleaning our bedroom the other day we noticed that our less than 3 year old mattress had some mold on it where it was near the wall (our bedroom is literally just a room with beds that are not on frames). We moved the mattress away from the wall to give it some "breathing room," but is there anything I can do...
Wow. I'm surprised at some of the responses. I wouldn't have expected that on this board. Of course 2 year old cry, but this is very different and consistent. She only cries this way with just this one song. Dh sang this song to her all the time when she was a baby when we were going through our roughest times. She will cry no matter who sings the song to her. RE suicide after traumatic birth I'm not surprised or alarmed by your mention of it, though if there...
My dd is a very spirited 2yo. We had a very physically and emotionally traumatic birth (long labor, transport, emergency cesarean, tons of antibiotics, she had a head injury, etc.) and postpartum experience (dd had colic until I corrected my diet and life was overall very stressful while I was grieving after the birth). About a month ago, my dh was "playing baby" with her and cradled her in his arms and started singing "The First Noel" (dd's middle name is Noel and he...
Quote: Originally Posted by daytripper75 We have one of these and never had a pinch. The key is to make sure it is completely open before sitting on it. does that one work okay with the elongated toilets that are in most public restrooms? the one that i had would've been okay had it not been too small for most seats.
I bought this seat since it was cushy and didn't have as many reviews that it would pinch as some of the others did, but it does not work on those large elongated toilets that almost all toilets are in public. I tried using it this weekend and almost dropped dd in the toilet. She doesn't like for me to hold her over the top of the toilet. Anyone know of a better portable seat that works on the elongated toilets?
I have less than 100 pages left in BD. I'm hoping to finish it tonight. We went to see the movie this weekend. There were some super cheesy parts that I completely hated (when Bella sees Edward in biology class for the first time, when Bella tells him what he is and a few others). I liked the actor cast as Edward quite a bit but there were some parts that his facial expressions made me burst out laughing because he looked so ridiculous. It wasn't quite what I thought it...