or Connect

Posts by PapayaVagina

Quote: Originally Posted by Autumn C. So...hows this for a topic? If any of you have been on the Nightime parenting boards you know that I have been having serious issues with the lack of sleep. Do they ever sleep? What worked for you? Anybody have some rreeeeeallly funny stories to lighten up my sleep deprived mind? Wow! I got waaay behind on this thread. I didn't know it kept going. Guess I should do better at checking emails, lol...
So, the babywearer has this great thread on their site where you can "spot" others when you see them out and about wearing their little ones. I thought it might be fun to post something on here about spotted other mamas NIP. Not sure if this is the right place to put it but here goes... Keizer, OR Saturday 09/06 in the parking lot of Target at Keizer Station. When we came back out to our car you were parked next to us (we were backed into a spot but you were front way...
Quote: Originally Posted by Anglyn raising my second spirited child here!!! my first was 11 before i had my second....... some days i think that might be us. i am really scared of having to anymore responsibility than her and am especially scared that we might have another spirited little one. if it wasn't for the fact that i had a craptastic birth and want to get pregnant again we might never have anymore kids.
So I have an embarrassing confession to make...I dread going out into public with my dd and I very rarely do . I get so nervous just not knowing what exactly will happen. If dh is with us things go much, much better but dealing with her by myself is just completely exhausting most of the time. I have some mild-moderate social phobia as well so that doesn't help the situation either. I was really pleased though today when we went on an outing. Really reminds me that I...
[QUOTE=*Jessica*;11973527] I've decided that I'm going to start canning my own beans and homemade soups. I can't always get into the kitchen in time to have them for dinner, and they are so cheap and easy. So I'll start making batches on weekends when I have time and can them so they can just be grabbed and heated. QUOTE] Does anyone know if you can cook dried beans and then can them? That might be a good solution for me to cut down on planning time.
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruthiegirl And they freeze very well. Just remember to freeze the beans with their liquid and the texture will be good when they are thawed. Is this for all types of beans? I have a heck of a time remembering to soak beans beforehand, etc. so by the time I'd like a nice pot of beans I'm already w/in a few hours of dinner. This is the soaking liquid that you're freezing them with? Does anyone have any ideas as...
Quote: Originally Posted by journeymom Oops! It has adult content and requires you to sign up to view it. yep, youtube considers birth videos "adult content"
I think the only other spirited kids tribe was archived (please point me in the right direction if I'm wrong). Just wanted to get another started. I'm currently reading Raising Your Spirited Child. My dd is only 22 months old but it was apparent from pretty early on that she was most definitely a spirited little one (even had a very spirited birth to say the least).
Quote: Originally Posted by whalemilk Near any of the Indian Reservations is a good idea, many of the women there are severely underserved in general and face prejudice from hospital staff and OBs. Warm Springs in E. OR is one, also the Siletz on the coast, there are a couple of other reservations but those are the two off the top of my head that could really use a midwife. Are there any midwives that serve the Siletz communities? If so, do you...
Does anyone know what this tune is during this beautiful birth video?