or Connect

Posts by Bethbyrne

great thread. I have had 7 c/s. yes you read right! 7. My first back in 1990 was an emergency under a g/a. Thereafter, scheduled ones. When I got to number 5 I wanted a VBAC which all OBs were horrified at the thought! Had number 7 in June this year and absolutely the last one (surgically modified now). The risks apparently after 3 c/s for accreta are huge (70%) so my luck must have been great. Last one had a full praevia and query accreta but was ok. Don't feel I...
I have 7. Youngest born in June this year and oldest is 16. They are all boys and I am not having any more for medical reasons. If one more person asks me if I was trying for the girl I will become upset and angry!! Love having a big group as I was an only child and hated it. I have an 8 seater Nissan Serena, japanese import and am okay as long as my husband stays at home!!! I would hate a minibus though. I have seen her in Ireland that Renault will do a factory...
Hi Everyone I disappeared for a long time from the chats. I had placenta praevia and was admitted to hospital in Dublin for 53 days! The longest wait of my life. As an attachment parent it was very hard leaving my 6 boys. Tadhg arrived on 7th June by C.section, I had a pretty rough time post surgery and losta lot of blood. We were separated for 26 hours, me in ICU. He was fine although they would not let any one in my family stay with him that night which still makes...
Hi to all My thoughts go to all of you in this situation. My mother as with Juliwan has been the issue in my life for as long as I can remember. I am pregnant with number 7 and shelives on another continent but still had the ability to make me feel awful about being me! I cut ties with her and it has helped me to see the real person. I read a book by Mary Sheedy Kurcinka called Kids, Parents and Power Struggles, in it she does an exercise that gets you to think about...
I am 24 weeks and have gained about a pound. Although this is unusual for me as this is number 7 and I am on a low GI diet due to glucose problems in the pregnancy. Kate
Hi there The name would be spelt Caolan - which is pronounced cwaylaan. There is no K in the gaelic alphabet. Its a very traditional gaelic name. We werethinking of calling our latest caolan but have since decided on Tadhg Ruadhan. Best of luck Kate
Do you live near extended family? What are your thoughts about that? (I have some friends who live near their parents/aunts/uncles/cousins/etc and LOVE it, and others that wish for a little more breathing room..) I live in another country to my family and in-laws. For me, it works well as I have a volatile relationship with my mum. I think that in the right circumstances and the right personalities it can be great. We have lost so many skills by the breakdown of the...
Are you going to find out the sex of your baby beforehand? I assume its another boy. I am going for a scan on 23rd February so I will decide then. Probably though. What's your favourite kind of food? Curry (very hot ones) and strawberries (not together though) Kate
3 famous peopleI would love to invite for dinner are.... the late Dr John Bowlby (founder of attachment theory) the late Dr Haim Ginott (a foresighted man before his time and genius) Queen Elizabeth I How close to the sea are you? We are about 30 minutes from the sea. What's your favorite quote or line/lines from a movie, book, or song? I have come to a frightening conclusion. I am the decisive element in the classroom. It is my personal approach that...
Hi I bought the elastic bandage over the counter at a pharmacy. It is put underthe bump and around the hips. You can get a special elasticized belt which is designed for pregnancy that sits under the stomachandaround thehips. I had one but I found it to be quite uncomfortable so I stuck with the bandage. love Kate