or Connect

Posts by HollyBearsMom

How long has it been?  We are pretty free range but my son (also nine) usually checks in once he has plan in place.  So if I send him outside and he hears our (far away) neighbor he will yell in that he is heading to H's house.  Or he might might yell in that he going to hang out on the front porch or take his scooter behind the barn. So if I sent him outside to play and didn't hear from him for an hour I would start a *minor* freak and call around.   
  Don't even go there. Ard is being childish and she knows it.  If she really had me blocked she wouldn't have bothered.  It is obvious she can't handle change or anyone questioning authority.  Lets let her have her little pout, take her ball and go home.    I think it is important that this thread stay on point which about a Mothering endorsed "expert" who was allowed for what appears months if not years to use Mothering as a platform for her undocumented credentials....
Well then I am glad its workin' out for ya!    Oh, and its a nice chardonnay, thanks!  
I have sent PM's that go unanswered.  I post specific questions that do not get approved for posting.  This not yet another thread.  It is specific question about a Mothering approved "Expert" who has suddenly disappeared.   Gently, I suggest you use the lovely "block" feature and block me if these type of questions bother you so much.   HTH!  
I have been waiting patiently for my question to appear in Q&S or my PM to be answered but since the forum that I am questioning is suddenly gone, with no explanation I thought I would post here in hope that someone maybe able to answer me.       I am becoming increasingly concerned with Mothering's refusal to apologize for what has been happening over the past few weeks. It is unfortunate that Mothering feels it is appropriate to place the blame on entry level...
But if you test this on AdinaL user name it doesn't work.  You must not be able to black Mods/Admins? I did not know that but guess that makes sense! Tho, what a way around the UA if you never have to see a warning post, LOL!    
I agree with Pathui5- the runaway best sellers at craft fairs around here are stuff for American Girl dolls and Build-a-Bear bears.  Those tables are the most crowded and seem to have the most turnover.     Jewelry is hit or miss as are the quilting/afghan tables. Why do people insist on acrylic yarns, poly blend fabrics and atrocious prints?    The slowest tables appear to be baby clothes, bibs, booties, knitted baby caps, etc. I think mostly because they stuff...
Supervision?    Ok I know that sounds snarky but it sounds like your 6 year old is not old enough/mature enough/capable enough to be left alone,even for short periods of time, especially while caring for his 3 year old sibling. If food around the house is an on going problem and you literally had a conversation about it a few hours earlier than what you are doing is not working.    So my only suggestions are to either not leave them alone for longer periods of...
Ah the poop and mayhem stage.  My nine year old still hasn't grown out that one but now it the talk-about-poop and mayhem stage, LOL. Does the potty talk ever end??   My husband was a sucker for anything w/ handprints/footprints.  When our son was a babe he was all about "Fathers Day is to celebrate being a Father" not the Hallmark version of doing manly things, watching sports, getting the "day off", etc. It made Fathers day easy-a mug with handprints, an apron with...
We have a local "smokehouse" that sells all kinds of homemade smoked meats, sausages and cheeses as well as imported German mustard, spaetzle and other treats.  My husband is like a drug addict for this place so we are getting him a gift certificate so he can go crazy.   Unfortunately our weedwacker also bit the dust and some nasty raccoons tore apart a few of our garbage cans this winter so he is also getting these things as "presents". We had to get them anyway but...