or Connect

Posts by HollyBearsMom

Wish I could help! My (limited) experience has been with parents who started public and ended up in private and/or home situations.   Wishing you the best of luck!
I recently broke my foot and have hired a "mothers helper".  My requirements are completely different than what I expected of our previous nannies and very different than what I expect from the gals who clean my house so I get what you mean by "mothers helper"   I can not not put any weight on my foot so am basically confined to a chair or bed.  Since I am on crutches I can't really carry anything.  I need someone who can: sort/wash/fold/put away...
I like that last chasing fireflys dress.   Also- crew cuts for girls has realy gorgeous dresses.  Lots of cute options but not a lot of "teal/blue family" right now.  I would keep checking back. Same with Mini Boden.   http://www.jcrew.com/girls_category/dresses/specialoccassion.jsp http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Girls-Dresses.html#nav   This is cute but not really teal, more chambray...
But I thought they did interfere?  Doesn't she (the mother) wean her babes early to bring on her cycle so that she can get pregnant again right away?  If it was God's will continuing nursing wouldn't interfere, correct? 
My son is 10 and folks around here have been baby wearing long before he was born.  Hell my niece is 30 and has a kid of her own and my sister wore her in a baby Bjorn equivalent.    Has it become more fashionable? Maybe. Every celeb out there seems to have some kind of wrap/sling to match their clothing when out and about.  Every babystore is making a killing on selling multiple wraps for "every day", for "casual", for showering, hiking, etc. So not necessarily more...
Please let me know how kick boxing class goes!  Sounds awesome and you are going to feel GREAT afterwords.   Also- don't let the losers get you down. It sounds like the really want your house but feel entitled to be a dick about it.  If you can afford to give it to them, do it (think of it as decluterring, LOL) otherwise hold your ground.  They will not walk because they can't get your stuff.   We ended up getting our house because of assholes like that.  It was...
Itzaparty, Iparty and the like pretty much carry everything the Oriental Trading Co does. Occasionally you can find themed stuff at Walmart and Target. Do you have a Michaels or AC Moore near you? Talk to the person in charge of the in store craft events.  Great resource for how make a lot of the stuff. 
  I have never had any luck freezing tofu in casserole dishes-either baked first or not.  I find that the tofu release way to much moisture and the casseroles become watery/soggy and often separate. I had slightly better success when I made a lasagna using no bake noodles since they require additional moisture.   However is this recipe from a site/person you trust? If so I would go with their instructions.  My tofu disasters were from me trying to sub it in for other...
Thats awesome!!  Pics??
How/why does she have this much control over you and your husband? She made you delay your wedding?She made you delay announcing your pregnancy? Even if you were trying "to keep the peace" it doesn't seem to be working now or in the past so why do you still need or even want her approval/ congratulations? Obviously she is not going to change so you can only change your response. Can you take a deep breathe and let it go? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk