or Connect

Posts by HollyBearsMom

I am doing the 17 day diet.  I lost 22 lbs in the first 3 cycles.  Dairy is limited to probiotics but you can take a supplement instead.  Sugar is limited to low sugar fruits. Carbs are limited to complex/whole grain/legumes/etc but not until cycle two. The focus is on whole food/clean eating, lean proteins and lots of veggies.   I did not make separate meals for my family but did offer additional complex carbs for my son.   You can see my journal here and you...
We always meet with the teacher at the end of August or a few days before school starts. Our school is the same as yours in that they do not communicate who the teachers are until closer to the start of semester. So much can change in three months-teachers can leave, students can move and so forth.   I would arrange to meet with principal now before school breaks for summer and ask to arrange a meeting for the Fall. It is not unsual at all for a new student and/or...
Can you eat any dairy? I do not/can not tolerate lots of dairy but I can eat yogurt . I find a serving of thick greek yogurt and fresh lower sugar fruit (berries) is very satisfying. If I start my day with high protein breakfast and then have the yogurt mid morning I am really set up for good day with little to no cravings.   I have been doing the 17 day diet (you can read about in this forum) and my cravings are all but gone. 
Party pooper!     
  I can't stand the feel of acrylic yarn on my bare skin. I have a bunch of afghans that a friend of the family knit (crocheted) years ago (think 1976 bicentennial themed, florescent colored ones, etc) . She always used acrylic because it "washed beautifully".  When I am sick they are nice to have around on the couch to keep warm but they completely skeeve me out if they rub on my bare skin so I have to have long sleeve shirt/long pants on.  Weird, I know!  
There are therapist that specialize in teens/YA and depression. Your nephew needs some kind of professional help to process his feelings as well as possible medication. Your sister should start by contacting their health care provider and getting referrals. At nineteen she can not force him to get help but she can at least help him to see the options that are available.   There are are also support groups available for parents going thru this as it can be...
Where do you live?  Many states in the US require rental properties to have have window guards to protect children from falls.  I would contact your town offices. 
It is SO hot here too!! Phew!!!    I could barely eat most of the day.  I think the vicodin is getting to me. I decided that I am just going to take it easy for the next couple of days.  I do need surgery after all so that is going to mean no food or drink from midnight the night before. So tomorrow will be a healthy eating day.  Lots of colorful veggies and lean proteins and yes, whole grains.   So I am going to take a break from serious "17 day-ing" and instead...
How are you planning on getting home from the hospital (provided your are birthing in one)?  As a PP stated many hospitals require a car seat for dismissal tho I assume there are exceptions. If your IL's are driving you home and already have the car seat properly installed in their car then I think you are all set. If you find you need one later you could buy one later.