or Connect

Posts by feline01

I take fresh kale (I get 5 bunches from an organic farm every week) and make kale coleslaw with it, just use kale in place of the cabbage. Also, whiz some in a food processor when making hummus and make kale hummus! I love fresh kale leaves on sprouted grain bread with vegannaise as well.
One of my favorites: Tofu Rancheros Break a block of tofu into large chunks and panfry in a little olive oil until lightly brown add a 4-6oz can of Salsa Casera (available at Hispanic markets or possibly in a regular supermarket in the mexican section) and saute until some of the liquid is absorbed. Top with shredded vegan cheese (Vegan Gourmet, of course) and serve with warm tortillas, refried beans and some vegan sour cream. *drool*
Ok, I guess no one has a problem with their twins hitting each other. Guess we'll just have to figure it out ourselves....
They are not like a pack and play, they are difficult to set up and pretty much are permanent until taken down. We loved ours though. We had our twins in it from their first day home from the hospital until they were about 4 months old (and both couldn't fit in any longer). Hubby would just lean over to hand me a baby when I needed to BF and we did diaper changes right on our bed. The mattresses are not comfy though, they are the hard/fold down type. We had to get 2...
Quote: Originally Posted by caitlinsmom Where can I get kombu? I live in a tiny town and the closest health store is 1.5 hours away. Anyone online sell this? Here's an online place for kombu (cheaper than what I pay in the health food store!) Kombu Seitan is cooked gluten (the stuff that makes bread chewy). I make my own using vital wheat gluten but if you're less than adventerous and want to save on time, you can buy tubs of seitan in...
My husband was an omnivore when we met and I was vegetarian. He always respected my insistence that no meat be consumed in our apartment so he only ate meat out. Fortunately, after reading him excerpts from Fast Food Nation and Food Revolution, he was so sickened by the meat industry that he gave it up and then with some more educational material, he gave up eggs and dairy and we've been vegan since 2002. Anyway, I agree with the other suggestions but no creating 2...
My husband is a huge coffee drinker and we've been vegan for 3 years. He uses Silk soymilk or Trader Joe's soymilk in his coffee and it doesn't curdle. I use both for cooking and no problems.
I'll have to tell my husband about this thread so he doesn't feel so alone. Our story: We found out I was having twins. I worked full-time as a social worker in a civil service position with excellent benefits and decent salary while my husband drove a limo and earned so-so with no benefits. As my pregnancy progressed, we realized that I wouldn't be able to fit behind the steering wheel for the later part of my pregnancy. We had moved 25 miles away from my job during...
I have that overwhelming feeling as well but am learning to manage better. My husband is a stay-at-home dad and is a great dad but as for housework/cooking, he is a novice. I returned to work when my twins were 8 weeks old, had a 50-mile a day commute, work 8:15am-6pm and had to pump 4 times a day at work in a building with no offices with locks and no place to privately pump (I would beg a supervisor or administrator to use their office daily). I had to do the shopping as...
I weighed around 270 when I conceived my twins and had a completely healthy pregnancy. My ob kept predicting I would have to be put on bedrest by my 20th week, then 25th, then 30th, then he gave up . I worked up until 2 days before I had the babies (at 36 weeks) and though I nearly died from HELLP Syndrome (which is notweight-related), I had an easy recovery and left the hospital with the babies 4 days later. I have always exercised up until my 7th week of pregnancy...