or Connect

Posts by thirtycats

Recently, I have become saddened by how judgemental mothers are toward each other. Then I realized I was just as guilty as everybody else. I am trying now to be humble and to judge less. Anyway, I wrote this little poem-type thing. It's kind of an apology to all the moms I have been harsh with in the past. If you're one of those moms, please know I regret how I have treated you. It's NOT... Whether you obtain your child from sex, in-vitro fertilization, or...
I am so proud of you for standing up to him. What you did was heroic. Dina
I think my obligation as a parent is to love my child unconditionally...forever and always. Right now, it's a very easy obligation to fulfill. Might not be as easy when he's a teenager.
Mel Mel, I agree. There are awful selfish people in the world. I guess there are 2 extremes...the people who don't want to do any manual labor. And the people who want to do everything themselves...cook, clean, lawn, etc. I try to help make things easier for the person who cleans our house. I'm very picky about people rearranging things in my house, so I do that myself. For the rooms she is going to clean that week, I pick up everything off the floor (toy boxes,...
I was just thinking about this.... I have a cleaning person come once a week. It has really made things easier for my family. We excused it as a homeschooling expense. If our house was clean, we wouldn't hesitate about inviting people over. We wouldn't dread inviting people for dinner, knowing we'd have to spend our whole weekend scrubbing the bathrooms. Now we have playgroup here every week and last night I was able to have a last minute little party. I do have...
Quote: IRL I never hear of anyone talking about how they are going to let their child wean. I ONLY hear discussions of how they will wean their child - of how often their child *still* nurses, how they will get him to stop nursing at night, how they distract him during the day, how they will get him to wean by age X. This topic is discussed by all of my nursing mama friends, even the ones who practice extended breastfeeding over the age of two at...
In my not-at-all humble opinion, there is NO valid reason for a parent disowning their own child. I don't care if your offspring ends up being a mass murdering child molester. The two people who stand by that mass murdering child molester should be his mother and father. Of course, most parents who disown their children do it for silly things such as homosexuality, financial issues, or marrying someone of the "wrong" religion. Anyway, I hope your mother...
Last night was the first time in a LONG time that I had to cover my eyes while watching (or actually not watching something) That surgery-on-thy-self bit was way too much for me to handle. Dina
Which book do you have? The book I'm reading is Pearl. The funny thing is she has references to a Stephan King character (Dick Holleran(sp) from the Shining)...and also has references to Shawshank Prison. I think that's just so romantic...two writers, husband and wife...sharing characters. I wonder if Stephen King has any of his wife's characters in his books? It would only be fair. Right? Dina
Just an idea.... What if instead of having a CLW and an EBF forum, we had two forums divided by age. I think the issue CLW people are having is not exactly with CLW, but more the fact that they are feeling alienated for breastfeeding an older child. What if we had one board for ages 1-5 and then another board for ages 5 and above? You can start on one board and if your child is still nursing at age 5, you can officially switch. Of course, people can jump back...