or Connect

Posts by grahamsmom98

But, there will have to be money spent on your corpse, if it is to be buried or cremated.  This is beyond any funeral costs (which it sounds like you are against).    Have you specified, exactly, what you want done with your body??   For me, the idea of donating a family member's body to med school just skeeves me to no end.  I knew a couple of medical students and have friends that are doctors.  There wasn't much respect when they talked of their cadavers in med...
I, too, wear Victorian nightgowns.  Batiste, ruffles and soft lace.  They are dreamy.....  Added bonus, dh thinks they are very romantic (he loves films like "emma" and "P&P"!!).   Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without our Liberace and Burl Ives Christmas albums (yup, vinyl!).  Every Christmas morning, as long as I remember, began with the Firestone album and Julie Andrews belting out "Joy To the World"!!  We've continued this tradtion with ds!   I have my...
  I'm sorry for your loss.  But, I don't see the problem.  Your Mom changed her mind about donating her body to the med school.  What stopped you from following through on your Mom's original wishes after she died?    Yes, please do make your will and wishes known NOW.  There is no telling what could happen to you tomorrow or the next day (or, even tonight).  Not trying to be morbid, but there are no guarantees as to how much time we have.  Making a will is very easy...
There is a difference between after-death costs and funeral costs.  Burial/cremation costs are separate, as are the costs of an obituary in the paper and the extra death certificates that will be needed to settle an estate.  A funeral is the ceremony honoring the dead prior to burial.  A memorial is generally held after the burial, so no body is present.    Nobody is LEGALLY obligated to pay for a funeral.  And, it is certainly not the obligation of the state!!  Many...
He should be seen by his vet.  It could be a scratched cornea or some other serious condtion.  Please take him.
Call the office and ask, politely, what their policy is regarding selective or non-vaccinating patients.  Tell them you don't want to waste their time (or, yours) with an office visit, only to find that you have 2 different views on the subject!  If possible, I'd ask to speak to one of the staff nurses (sometimes, receptionists will say anything to snag a new client).  You don't owe them any explaination as to why you are choosing not to vaccinate.  If pressed and you're...
  Point out to me, please, where I "judged" your deeds as not good enough?
  No, no, don't do this!!  If you are caught by the postal service, you can be fined a huge amount!    And, honestly, I'd toss a candy bar that was put into my mailbox.     Why not, instead, do these acts of kindness at a local nursing home or assisted living residence (with the staff's permission, of course!).  Those folks really need a lot of cheer in their lives.  Decorate their doors, help decorate their apartments/rooms, read Christmas stories out loud or offer to...
I probably don't fit into this thread!   I was the youngest of 4.  5 years younger than my near-oldest sibling and 18 years younger than the oldest.  ALL of us were good kids.  Our parents never fought, never yelled at us (certainly never hit us) and provided unconditional love and support.   We were a career military family, which meant transfers every couple of years around the country.  Dad did 2 tours in Vietnam and other overseas deployments, which made Mom...
Manuka honey!!  Internally AND applied to the healing wound.  Honey has amazing healing properties.  Any honey will work well, but manuka is, imo, the BEST.  You can buy it on Amazon.   Also, try taking arnica, internally, to help with the pain and swelling.  It's great to apply to the area, as well.  You can buy it at any good health food store or on Amazon.