or Connect

Posts by grahamsmom98

I think you must bring this to the attention of the office where your son is receiving therapy!!!  If it IS pink eye, then they need to do some major cleaning to contain the bacteria/virus causing it (you are probably not the only one with an infection).   I also think you should see a doctor as you are placing others at risk with your continuing infection (if it really is true pink eye).    Though, I wonder about pink eye infection in that you make no mention of...
Infections of the mastoid bone used to be deadly, because of the proximity of the mastoid to the brain.  With the use of modern antibiotics, they have become rare and treatable.   My late grandfather was a top EENT surgeon in San Francisco and performed many, many surgeries for mastoid infections. I'm sure your little one will feel much better very soon!
  To me, this is a no-brainer...............   Of course you should contact ALL the families about this!  Personally, I would cancel the party until another date.   I would be furious if I was invited to a gathering and then find out that there is a known risk of illness and hadn't been warned beforehand.
Strange initial post...   If this is real:  is the dog okay, other than the seizures?  Do they know why the seizures are happening?  Is this sudden onset (could the dog have been poisoned) or long-term?  ?  If it is long-term, then I wouldn't worry about it.  He can explain to the children what seizures are and that, though scary, they aren't necessarily causing the dog any pain.  At 18 years of age, the dog probably has only a short time left.  If they have suddenly...
Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss.................   Have you explained the concept of cremation to your little one?  Kids are pretty cool about so many things, but cremaiton might be a bit much.   Ds was 4 when my darling mil died.  She was cremated.  Not saying you're going through the same thing, but cremation is cremation and a loved one is a loved one.  Anyway, I explained that his Nana had died (he knew she had been sick).  I said we wouldn't see her again,...
I'm in my mid-50s.   When I was 8, girls were not allowed to wear pants to school (public school on a military base).  A bunch of the Moms got together and petitioned the base commander to change this rule, as it was Winter and most children walked to school from their quarters, through the snow.  The rule was changed and we could be warm.   When I was 10, in 1969 at another base, girls were forbidden to play on the playground equipment, at school, unless we had...
I think it is lovely to celebrate (even in a small way with a card or phone call) the anniversary of two people's formal commitment to each other.  Especially in these days of divorce being so very common and people simply living together.    Marriage is a public statement of pledging love and a lifetime to one another.  In most cases, we invite others to be witnesses to the beginning of this pledge, supporters of our love and commitment.  I think it is nice to...
Honestly, I don't think diet can reverse the damage already done, especially depending on the age of the person affected.   My late Mom had dementia. But, her dementia was as a result of multiple strokes. The damage was done (it was visible on the MRI).   She had an excellent diet prior to her strokes and since then, too. She died in July.   Dementia is a pretty broad term and can be used to describe behaviour from damage to the brain. It can result from...
My Dad died in 2008.  My Mom died in July.  I so wish they were here to celebrate what would have been their 60th anniversary in October.   Until a stroke took my Mom's memory and a small one took Dad's cognitive reasoning, they never forgot our anniversary, nor that of my siblings.  Birthdays were always remembered with a phone call and a card.   I took flowers to their grave on their anniversary date (as I do in their birthdays).  Same goes for Christmas (swag...
  Maybe they had concerns as to their wedding date and the birth of a child??  Perhaps it was less than 9 months.   The Golden Jubilee anniversary is for 50 years of marriage.  It seems rude not to even take the time to know how many years they were celebrating, especially as they are your grandparents and you attended the event..