or Connect

Posts by grahamsmom98

I'm in my mid-50s.   When I was 8, girls were not allowed to wear pants to school (public school on a military base).  A bunch of the Moms got together and petitioned the base commander to change this rule, as it was Winter and most children walked to school from their quarters, through the snow.  The rule was changed and we could be warm.   When I was 10, in 1969 at another base, girls were forbidden to play on the playground equipment, at school, unless we had...
I think it is lovely to celebrate (even in a small way with a card or phone call) the anniversary of two people's formal commitment to each other.  Especially in these days of divorce being so very common and people simply living together.    Marriage is a public statement of pledging love and a lifetime to one another.  In most cases, we invite others to be witnesses to the beginning of this pledge, supporters of our love and commitment.  I think it is nice to...
Honestly, I don't think diet can reverse the damage already done, especially depending on the age of the person affected.   My late Mom had dementia. But, her dementia was as a result of multiple strokes. The damage was done (it was visible on the MRI).   She had an excellent diet prior to her strokes and since then, too. She died in July.   Dementia is a pretty broad term and can be used to describe behaviour from damage to the brain. It can result from...
My Dad died in 2008.  My Mom died in July.  I so wish they were here to celebrate what would have been their 60th anniversary in October.   Until a stroke took my Mom's memory and a small one took Dad's cognitive reasoning, they never forgot our anniversary, nor that of my siblings.  Birthdays were always remembered with a phone call and a card.   I took flowers to their grave on their anniversary date (as I do in their birthdays).  Same goes for Christmas (swag...
  Maybe they had concerns as to their wedding date and the birth of a child??  Perhaps it was less than 9 months.   The Golden Jubilee anniversary is for 50 years of marriage.  It seems rude not to even take the time to know how many years they were celebrating, especially as they are your grandparents and you attended the event.. 
Yes, reply in your email that your friends homeschool  Better yet, phone the program coordinator and talk to him/her directly.  They are incredibly busy at this time of year and can't remember everyone personally!  Remind them of your friend's situation.  Your friend may have to contact them, rather than going through a third party (you).       Why would your friend have any problems with this??
  If both couples have allergies to Couple A's animals, then why on earth would they invite you over for any get together?  I see no problem with this.        Why didn't you speak up about the children's behaviour.  Nobody can take advantage of you without your permission.  Tell the little rugrats to haul-in and slow down.  Your house, your rules.  As far as the 18 month old, well, some babies/toddlers DO play with their food and you should expect this as a possibility...
Okay, sorry you are going through this.  Eldercare issues + family issues + raising your child in a less-than-ideal environment is NOT easy.    Why have you mived into this situation?  Are you to become the primary caregiver to your grandmother?  Does the house belong to her?   If you Mom is so upset with caring for her own Mother, why is she doing so?  Does Mom not have a place to live?   You have stepped into an area where you will no longer be the...
Hey, Gumby,   Don't worry about holding onto those ashes for as long as you want.  If the time comes that you are ready to bury or scatter them, it will be the right time.  Don't let anyone tell you it is wrong to hold onto them!!   My Mom's ashes are sitting on our living room bookcase, in a beautiful canopic jar (Anubis, as she loved dogs).  She died in July.  We divided her ashes into two urns (plus, a couple of pieces of jewelry designed to hold ashes).  One...
We live outside a very small town (located in very rural, mountainous environment).   The majority of teens in our area are into horses & 4-H, hunting, fishing, camping, skiing (downhill & cross country) and other outdoor activities.  Many workout at the local fitness center (they get significant student discounts).  Fair week and rodeos are BIG, here!   Being a small community, teen jobs are minimal (a lot of kids "work" on their family ranches and farms).  But,...