or Connect

Posts by grahamsmom98

Buy mosquito dunks (they sell them on Amazon and at most farm supply stores.  Our Wal-Mart also has them).   They are safe for animals & birds that drink the pond water.  They disrupt the digestive system of mosquito larvae, and they die.   We have them in each of our water features and have no problems with skeeters!   Citronella candles help, too.
  Did you confront your children about this??      Take the strong box to a locksmith, they will be able to open it easily.
Ds (age 14) just got done with 18 months of using the Damon system (from Dr. Damon, himself!).   We saw 4 different orthodontists for consultations.  Three of the four wanted to use expanders, one saying it would be in for 3 months, one for 6 months and one for 12 months!  One wanted to use his in-office CT scanner on ds (with no other reason than "We do it to all our patients" despite there being no logic for exposing them to this).  Another wanted to pull teeth...
Yup.
A good friend of ours was all about being her 12 year old daughter's "best friend" (gah, they even dress alike) and offered her privacy on everything, from daughter having a lock on her door, her own private phones (home AND cell), her own laptop (and, everything related to the internet).  She said, "I trust her, completely!"  I would never look in her room or at her computer!"  Her daughter got good grades and had a moderate social life (school sports).  One day, her...
I'm all for it.    There is an incredible problem with obesity in this country and, until people are hit where it really matters to them - their bank accounts - it is only going to continue worsening.  Insurance costs are going through the roof and employers that help shoulder the insurance costs (and, the insurance companies, themselves) have every right to watch their bottom line in controlling expenses.   With that increase, health costs continue to rise as...
(BOLD mine)   So, let's just send the little ladies back to the 1950s, in strictly inferior roles (you forgot to mention serving coffee and dusting the war room)??  Why, exactly, would women make poor soldiers, in your opinion?  What an insult to the women currently serving in combat in branches of the military around the world.  Are they poor soldiers??    Nope, if there's a draft (which, I sincerely hope there isn't), women should be completely eligible and should serve...
Ds is 14 years old.  I had a hysterectomy (I had a huge fibroid) when he was 4 1/2, and we discussed menstruation prior to that in a very easy, matter-of-fact way.  He was never bothered about the blood or anything.    I've explained to him everything to do with puberty of both sexes (as well as menopause!).  He understands menstruation and why it happens.  No big deal, though he is glad he is a guy!.  We've talked about boy-to-man developments quite openly and he...
A few questions:   Where are you getting any income to cover your rent, food, medical care?  I am guessing your boyfriend is not paying any child support (buying diapers and wipes is NOT supporting his children)?     What does your boyfriend say about all this?  Does he tell her it's none of her business and that she needs to keep her mouth closed as regards your life AND that of your boyfriend's siblings?  If not, then maybe you need to realize that his family's...
  Okay, but you ARE going to get Foxy spayed, right?    How long have you had Foxy?  A responsible breeder should have told you her vax status and provided proof of same.   Was this a planned breeding?  If Foxy is an outdoor cat (bad idea), she MUST be spayed before she is allowed to roam, again.  Be a responsible pet owner and make sure she is spayed as soon as the vet says it is safe to do after her giving birth.  And, keep her INSIDE, until the surgery!!!