or Connect

Posts by grahamsmom98

Mods, I am putting this here as TAO gets the most MDC activity (I think!) and many post here that might not read it over at Lactivism. Feel free to move it (or, cross-post) if you think it would do better elsewhere. This "editorial' appeared in today's edition of what we like to call "The Daily Astonisher" aka: the Spokane, Washington Spokesman-Review. The author of this unnecessary piece of attempted (yet, unsuccessful) journalistic "humor" has tried many times to...
Personally, if I found myself in your situation, I wouldn't risk the vaccine. You are at greater risk from THAT than you are tetanus, given the amount of bleeding you experienced. Keep an eye on the wound, keep it clean and just watch for signs of common infection. You doctor needs to go back and read immunology 101. Hell, on second thought, she needs to read basic first aid. A tetanus shot AFTER injury is the old closing the barn door after the horse is...
I just ordered this from Family Learning Org. I'd originally planned on the CAT. But, I decided as this is the first "official" test for ds, we'd go with the one that takes around 2 hours rather than the 5+ hours the CAT requires! We intend to test beginning the week of August 13. We are in Washington state. Just wondering what it is like.
Tea tree oil!! This has never failed us. Put a couple of drops on the tick and wait a minute. If the tick doesn't pull out, add another couple of drops on it. It will detach itself. The tea tree oil acts as an antiseptic on the open wound. Save the ticks you remove in a jar with a damp (from water) cotton ball (do NOT put them in alcohol!). If your son does have some sort of reaction (either in the next few days or the next few weeks), you will have the ticks...
Quote: This is the story: I am miserable in the city, I hate every moment I am here, I have no desire to earn money, etc. I have been looking for a way out of the rat race for two years. I have finally been given a ticket but it comes with a very hefty price, one I am not sure I want to pay. I have contacted with a woman in Northern California that needs someone to caretake a yurt on 80 acres in the Pacific Mountain Range until next summer. (That sounds about...
I am recovering from a torn sciatic nerve. Dh has been doing massage with St. John's Wort oil (harvested and infused by me!) and it has really helped. I don't do chiroprators. But, massage therapy has helped, too.
We bought the k12 curriculum (grade 1) and used it for part of a year. Ds hated it (and I wasn't too thrilled with it either). We found it extremely tedious and slow. The on-line courses took forever and there were many technical glitches (we were unable to do print-outs). There on-line tech support was of NO help at all. We had three computer-saavy techno-geeks (their term for themselves!) come over and they assured us it was the k12 problem, not our computer (we...
I had surgery on my foot on July 9th. The incision is on the top of the foot, on fairly thin, very pale skin. I had 9 stitches. Two days after the surgery, I gently cleaned the wound with sterile saline and then allowed it to dry on its own for a few minutes. I then applied a product called "Blue Goo". You can find it in the foot care section of lots of stores (I buy mine at Wal-Mart). It is in a very small jar with a blue lid (holds maybe an ounce). This stuff...
If your child can play on their own computer at home, why would they need to play the same games on the one at the library, as well? Wouldn't you rather they look at all those books or magazines they don't have at home? I've always felt the computers at the library are for those patrons that don't have any other access to computers/internet. Ds (age 8 1/2 years) has his own computer. So, when we go to the library, he doesn't use their computers. For us, the library...
Sure you will! We look at pond water frequently without use of any stain. Take the microscope out into the sun and make use of the light outside to use for illumination (don't, obviously, reflect the sun through the lense!). Get a jar of pond water and try using some basic food colours on individual slides with the water. See if different colours make it easier or more difficult to see anything. Try other types of "stains" and see what they do (iodine, kool-aid,...