or Connect

Posts by grahamsmom98

Whatever you do, do NOT apply carrot seed oil directly to your skin! It MUST be diluted in another carrier oil or in lotion. It can actually burn your skin if used neat. Keep the percentage very low (10% max, I keep it at 5%). You can buy pure Abyssinian Oil at The Herbarie and it isn't expensive. It sounds like it would be an ingredient in a product you already have used and liked, Keihl's Abysinne cream. Here's a...
Quote: I've figured out what to do! The next time one of my neighbors donates to the cancer society, I'm going to leave it out on their lawn Well, I think that is plain rude, not to mention cowardly. They thought enough to want to spend some money on your child and you hand it off to the neighbors as a freebie? If I was your mil, I'd be hurt and angry at your total dishonesty and callousness toward a well-meaning gift. If you don't want your...
Have you seen a doctor?? If not, GO! NOW!! Do NOT wait until later today. If you have already been seen by a doctor, contact the office/ER where you were seen and let them know. Head injuries are nothing to mess around with. Bleeds can develop hours and days after an injury. Please call the experts!!
By all means, buy him a backpack and lunchbox and school supplies! Why not?! He can most certainly use them. Explain to him that the school he will go to is not like any other school in the whole world. It's unique and especially for him. He can name it and help decide what and how he will study (and, that none of the children going to regular school can do this). Explain that in his school, he can wear pajamas (and, so can the teacher!) and that he doesn't have...
Here's some info on a fellow Missouri breastfeeding mom with a BR bite: http://www.highway60.com/mark/BRS/bite.asp?Msg=2630 Print this out before you go to the hospital.
Quote: I was just bitten by a br spider almost 2 hours ago. The bite is on my torso on the right side. He evidently climbed up inside my shirt when I was working in the garage. I felt a prick and then crunched him. He fell out on the ground and my dh saved him. We have basic insurance, and I don't feel ready to have it looked at. I am just resting and keeping ice on it. And taking vit. c and echinacea. If you can think of anything else, I would appreciate the...
She just sounds really active to me! Bruises are a normal part of life and chidren get them easily in their day-to-day activities. Make sure she is eating a balanced diet, increase her dark greens and vit c, and just keep an eye on her so that she doesn't try to fly off the roof!! Try using arnica gel on the skin on & around the bruising. You can buy it at health food stores and even Wal-Mart carries it. We have several tubes of it in our house and our ds (age 8+...
I like that idea of a fad forum. Good thinking!! And, the comment that "focus of this board is parenting and NFL" isn't quite true. If it was, there really shouldn't be forums such as: Mothers Writing Group (unless all the prose directly relates only to parenting and NFL or the difficulties of being a mother and a writer) News & Current Events (unless the news directly relates only to parenting and NFL) Politics (unless the political discussion directly relates...
Why not start another sub-forum that is ALL Harry Potter, ALL the time?? That way, the main forum isn't filled with dozens of HP threads, and HP fans have a place to discuss HP without different threads getting lost in the main forum (which, right now, is more of an exclusively-HP forum than it is things outside the DK Rowling box. Not everyone likes or cares about HP (sorry, it's true ). There is a Television sub-forum. The HP-phenomenon seems to be bigger...
We threw away all our dryer sheets months ago and can't believe how well the vinegar works. I add 1/4 cup of white vinegar to the wash (with the BioKleen detergent we use) and another 1/4 cup in a Downy ball (it will come out on its own in the rinse cycle). It really works!!! No stiffness, soft & fluffy, great fresh no-scent and no static. We don't line dry (too many birds around here to do that! ).