or Connect

Posts by grahamsmom98

Quote: It's not really my version of the country if they have a sprinkler system. If it's really the country, they should have an irrigation system. Does your version of the country have folks with concrete or gravel only around their homes? Country folk have lawns and they do have sprinkler systems!! The sprinkler system is for their lawn. We, too, have a sprinkler system for our lawn (small) and large garden and orchard (drip...
Quote: Ok, so calling the cops is out. How about calling animal control? Report neglected animals. That usually gets them out there. It might take several neighbors reporting it to get action, but it should work. Even in unincorporated areas, there's usually an animal control agency, and they are not usually affiliated with law enforcement. Nope, no animal control in our county. Our state Department of Fish & Wildlife will help out with troublesome...
Thanks, everyone, for your responses. It makes me feel a whole lot better hearing that, obviously, we are not in the wrong about this! About some of the comments: Yup, no noise ordinances, we ARE in the country, not the city. Dog will never be brought inside: too big, they've never been bathed (unless it rains ) so smell a bit too "doggy" to be in the home (they live in the alpaca barn), that type of thing. From that link on Anatolians: ...
...until 12:45. : And, at 1:something for 1/2 hour. : And, at 2:something for 20 minutes. : And, at, well, you get the picture (or, at least, the audio). Our neighbors up the hill, who are nice people, lived there before we built our home. At the time we moved in (11 years ago), they didn't have any livestock. Just an ancient house dog and two house cats. In the intervening years, they bought into the "Hey-let's-raise-alpacas-and-make-lots-of-money"...
Salt is really hard on your face. Don't use it on that tender skin. Instead, try white or brown sugar. Also, any scrubs on your face should be limited to once a week. More than that is pretty rough on the skin. Don't buy commercial scrubs. They have preservatives you don't want or need. It is easy and cheap to make it yourself each time you need it (fresh-made = no need for preservative). You can buy sea salt inexpensively at most stores that sell bulk...
Quote: libba: The reason for the nothing after midnight even for later surgeries is that they may move your case up the morning of surgery if the doctor's schedule changes ( say the person before you cancels). We usually say 8 hours before to be NPO - I work in surgery! Okay, libba, I'm going with what YOU say!!! I'll skip the Yoplait (if dairy is a no-no because it digest slowly). If check-in is at noon with a 1:30 cut-time, would toast and...
Hey, there to a fellow long-hair! Mine is down to my knees. Straight and thick. I recently switched to JASON's Tea Tree Shampoo and really love it. My hair is softer and looks better. I use ACV for a rinse and am pleased with the change. I had used CitriShine for years. But, they sold their company to some other company and the formulation was changed. Hate the new stuff (smells too fruity instead of like citrus, yech).
I am having minor sugery on my foot this coming Monday. They tell me nothing to eat after midnight, the night before. I can take my thyroid pill with one small swallow of water at 6:00 am. That's all. But, criminy, my surgery isn't until 1:30 in the afternoon! I get : if I don't have anything to eat every few hours (just a small amount to keep my blood sugar going, like some crackers or a yogurt). We normally go to bed at 10:00 pm. So, that means nothing to...
We saw "Ratatouille" yesterday. The animation was good (we felt they did a wonderful job with the speedy chase scenes. The rat's hair looked fluffy and the scenes of Paris were lovely (we went to France for our honeymoon and 6 month anniversary). The "violence" wasn't anything new to animated film. But, what is it with the stereotypical imaging of the French having huge noses? And, why do some of the characters have accents but, not all of them? They are ALL...
It isn't very "natural" but it works: Lighter fluid (the kind in the blue and yellow plastic bottle with the little flip-top). This stuff is great for removing adhesive residue from many things. ((It's even good on taking off sticky price tags on paper as it evaporates and doesn't stain the paper!)) Try a squirt of it on a piece of gauze or strong paper towel and then wipe the adhesive residue gently (this way, you aren't soaking the teddy bears head!). It should...