or Connect

Posts by grahamsmom98

I will use some of the oil myself and the rest is being purchased by an herbalist friend. We have St. John's Wort growing all over our property. Ds (age 8 1/2 years) and I spent most of yesterday and today harvesting it and filling jars with olive oil. He earned a tidy sum for all his hard work! Now, we let the sun do its work and in two weeks (with daily jar shaking), we should have jars of beautiful, deep red oil! Tomorrow, we begin distilling elder flowers for...
Hitchcock was a master director. We love his films (and have all of them). Ds (now age 8 1/2 years) started watching them a couple of years ago. He loves them as much as we do! His favorites are "The Lady Vanishes" (one of AH earlier films), "Notorious" and "Vertigo". My faves are "Lifeboat" "Rope" "Rear Window" & "Frenzy" Dh likes "To Catch A Thief" "Rear WIndow" and North By Northwest" None of us like "Marnie" Quote: I now notice that all...
As Deborah said: Quote: What you need is a notary public. This common species of specialized office worker can be found in banks, real estate offices and, if you live in a small town, the office of the town clerk. Sometimes they are listed in the phone book. You take the unsigned form to the notary, show them some form of ID and then sign it in front of them. They stamp it with their special stamp and then sign it too. They also keep a record of...
Aw, shucks, ma'am : . Hugs, "Annie"
THANK YOU!! We'll pass as suggested. Maybe it's better to get them in the cooler weather, anyway. If he'll have a fever, hot weather could just add to the misery! Thanks, again!
Are the holes there all the time? Or, do they appear for less than an hour and the critters fill them in? Gophers don't usually leave their holes "open" all the time. They like to tunnel and pop-up now and again, but mainly they stay out of site. Now, in saying that, I guess I also have to ask just what species of animal we are discussing! Some people call graound squirrels "gophers". They are about the size of red squirrels (without the poofy tails!). I can...
The 2 year old daughter of a co-worker of dh has chicken pox (and, by the way, the child was vaccinated against it... ). She knew we are interested in exposing our ds (age 8 1/2 years)to it and has offered us the chance for ds to come play with her toddler. Problem is, I am going to have some surgery in a 10 days (July 9), which would make it fairly inconvenient for me to care for ds should the exposure "take" and he gets sick (isn't that time-frame about...
Quote: So I just need some concrete "facts" from a legit web site so that when he starts talking about what he knows I can defend my case too! Forget about it. He won't listen to whatever you say. Instead, just keep repeating (should he bring up the subject), "We are not vaccinating at this time or in the near future. I appreciate your information. However, I, too, have done my research. I would prefer we don't discuss it. Thanks!" If he...
I have really loooooooooooooooooooong hair! At 52" it's below my knees! I rarely ever do ponytails as it is too heavy and gives me a headache fast if I do. I have Chiari, and I can't add any more stress to my neck area. I wear it down loose or in a single braid during the cooler weather. Most times, I wear it up in a figure 8 on the back of my head, secured with a large barrette. Sometimes I do a sideways "8" wrapped around a fancy chopstick. This keeps it off...
Quote: I'm guessing the gopher would have a more appropriate name for you. We'll leave the "annie Oakley" title for someone else. Yeah, I'm sure it would be a UA violation, too (if gophers knew about MDC). Aside from the offing of gophers when I get the chance, I AM an excellent shot with a pistol (9mm being my preferred weapon) and a rifle or shotgun. We do target shooting and I used to do trap, as well. So, I'll continue to use the...