or Connect

Posts by grahamsmom98

Quote: I have one and hate it. From day one it never really did a good job on my plush rugs and now it runs for a few moments and shut down. I am having to wait 2 whole days for it to reset and recharge the batterie... Grrrrr Wow! did you buy a new one or was it re-conditioned? I've heard about folks having problems with the used Roombas (factory re-conditioned). Maybe you need a new battery? Mine recharges completely in about 3 hours. Call...
Quieter than a DustBuster hand-vac. Quieter than ds's RoboRaptor toy. Waaaaaaaaay quieter than my regular Dirt Devil vacuum. You wouldn't need to adjust the volume on your TV or stereo while it is running. You can hear it, obviously, but it isn't annoying or overly loud. When I put it in our bedroom and turned it on, I couldn't hear it when I was in the living room. Hope that helps! They have a great return policy, too, if you ordered one and didn't...
Which hotel?
Where is he from? Perhaps you can find a doctor from that country (it might make him feel more trusting, you know). Are there friends of his that hail from the same part of the world that might have some influence on him and offer some suggested medical providers? I understand the distrust of American medical system (sometimes it IS totally whacked ). But, what type of doctors practice in his home country and how are they different than your local physician base? ...
I wasn't completely sure it was going to be everything it said. But, it IS! I purposely didn't vacuum for a week before it arrived to get a better idea of how well it would do the job. It never faultered. It never slowed down. It likes our hardwood floors as well as the braided rugs. It doesn't try to consume the bathroom throw rugs (like our regular Dirt Devil), just fluffs them while sucking-up day-to-day dust. It ate the dead ladybugs in our sunroom without...
Quote: am asking this question for dh....He has been a heavy smoker for many years. Lately, he has developed a cough with tight chest and difficulty inhaling right after he wakes up in the mornings. It usually only lasts about 10 - 15 minutes and then he is fine. Nevertheless, this is clearly a sign that his lungs are in bad shape. Of course, the best thing would be to quit smoking, but that's not going to happen any time soon So I was wondering if anyone...
Quote: I'm really suprised there are so many women on this board ready and excited and joking about killing another living creature that is only living as its instincts tell it to, just because it is a nuisance. I have a garden too and I have rabbits and a few random unidentified animals that get at my garden every so often, but I never have considered killing them. I, for one, am glad you did not go so far as to get pictures of gleefully slaughtering...
Thanks, everyone. It's nice to know I'm not the sole gun-totin' gal here! : I love wildlife (we live in the country, wouldn't do that if we didn't like animals!). Deer munch on our roses and a few other plants. But, they don't destroy them completely. Wild turkeys snack on flowers sometimes. I just don't like gophers. We have a photo (not digital) of me when I was 7 months pregnant, sitting on my butt out on our front lawn, legs spread wide around a fresh...
We have been having problems with gophers moving into our front yard. Normally, they hang-out down in dh's huge garden. They have been pulling my annuals straight down through the dirt. The entire plant! They don't care what type of plant: I've lost marigolds, snaps, stock and even geraniums! We've set the traps and this gopher is smart. Holes filled-in and traps not snapped. ((One gopher down in dh's garden actually shoved a potato into a trap's jaws and...
Yup! We all use sanitizer as soon as we get in the car from any shopping excursion (bottle in the front and ds has his own in back). I don't want to wait until I get home (especially if I am going to make multiple stops!). It's not just about germs, it's about DIRT. Does anyone regularly wipe-down their steering wheel, too?? ((we do!)) We, too, remove our shoes when we come into our home (in our area, everyone does this). We wash our hands throroughly when...