or Connect

Posts by grahamsmom98

Thanks, everyone. It's nice to know I'm not the sole gun-totin' gal here! : I love wildlife (we live in the country, wouldn't do that if we didn't like animals!). Deer munch on our roses and a few other plants. But, they don't destroy them completely. Wild turkeys snack on flowers sometimes. I just don't like gophers. We have a photo (not digital) of me when I was 7 months pregnant, sitting on my butt out on our front lawn, legs spread wide around a fresh...
We have been having problems with gophers moving into our front yard. Normally, they hang-out down in dh's huge garden. They have been pulling my annuals straight down through the dirt. The entire plant! They don't care what type of plant: I've lost marigolds, snaps, stock and even geraniums! We've set the traps and this gopher is smart. Holes filled-in and traps not snapped. ((One gopher down in dh's garden actually shoved a potato into a trap's jaws and...
Yup! We all use sanitizer as soon as we get in the car from any shopping excursion (bottle in the front and ds has his own in back). I don't want to wait until I get home (especially if I am going to make multiple stops!). It's not just about germs, it's about DIRT. Does anyone regularly wipe-down their steering wheel, too?? ((we do!)) We, too, remove our shoes when we come into our home (in our area, everyone does this). We wash our hands throroughly when...
If it was me, I'd first call the doctor and explain the symptoms to them and listen to what they say. If I didn't trust their opinions, I'd ask to be seen. It may be something simple. But, better to ere on the side of caution than to have something, possibly, go wrong while you are camping or driving down the road. You'll be more comfortable with your own doctor than a stranger in another town or the the ER. Call them. Today. Hope it's just muscles stretching!!
Those things may relieve some of the pain from a bunion. But, they won't cure it. They are also very uncomfortable to wear! I had major bunion surgery on both feet when I was just 14 years old. I was horrified as i thought they sounded like something really old people got ! I wore those same things on both feet for a year before the sugery. They didn't help one bit. Go see a good orthopedic surgeon or a podiatrist. If you do need surgery, get it done sooner...
ARGH!! I keep a Yahoo email account to use for on-line purchases and for use with other message boards. Keeps the spam there and not in our "real" home email! I just checked it and : : ALL my messages from this past month are GONE. I looked at them last night and all of them were there. I did not delete any of them (I would kick myself if I'd deleted ONE, accidentally, and I'd have no right to rant. But, this is at least 20 messages). I emailed Yahoo for tech...
In a couple of weeks, I am having foot surgery to remove a Morton's Neuroma (a pinched nerve). It is day surgery, in in the morning, out after about 5 hours. I also have what is called Chiari Malformation which means part of my cerebellum is squeezed down into my spinal column. Because of this, I have to talk to the anesthesiologist about what they do for generals and intubation (I can't have my head tipped upward for more than a minute or I suffer MAJOR attacks of...
Thanks, everyone, for your replies! I really appreciate your input. The The CAT/5 is the more comprehensive of the two offered at FLO, covering all major subject areas including Science and Social Studies. The other, WRAT, covers Reading, Math, and Nonverbal Reasoning. The CAT/5 sounds more like what we would like. I am wondering one thing about these tests. How do they handle questions about history studies (I assume that is connected in Social Studies), if...
I've used chamomile tea bags as compresses and they worked within hours. Put 4 into some really hot water (not boiling, afterall, it's going to be touching your eye!) and let them steep for a few minutes. This part works best if you are lying down with a towel placed next to your head on the affected side and have a kind partner to help! Wring a tea bag gently (you want some tea to remain in it) and place it on your closed eye. As the bag gets cool, replace it...
I plan on ordering either a test or assessment from Family Learning Organization for ds. Age-wise, he just completed 2nd grade. Learning-wise, well, he's all over the place (you know how weird homeschoolers are! ). We started out as using a set curriculum. But, we found it wasn't working for us as well, so we have evolved into more of a cross between some structure and some of a take-it-as-it-comes approach! He LOVES to read (anything), does well in math and...