or Connect

Posts by Heaz

My first two children were delivered at AGH in Pittsburgh, and both ended up as unplanned C-sections. I'm pregnant again, due in August. Instead of risking another go-round with the Midwife Center and ending up yet again under the knife at the hands of a stranger, I'm considering using an OB/GYN who I saw prior to discovering the midwives (and, importantly, whom I trust). She practices out of Washington Hospital.   I'm looking for reviews on their maternity...
@galatea: I don't think we know each other yet, but it may happen soon! :D 
It's been a few years since I've been part of the CD world (my "baby" will be 5 when my new LO arrives at the end of summer) and a few things have changed. I loved Fuzzibunz the last time around, but had them in sizes. Now there are these one-size deals, and I'm curious.   Yes, I've read up on them at FB's site, but I want to hear real-world testimonials. Just how well do they live up to the hype? Are they too bulky for small babes? Do they get stripped/leaky after...
More thoughts on this subject... When I chose not to have my sons circumcised, I certainly had my (well-researched and much-considered) reasons. But my strongest argument--for both myself and any nosey detractors--was that I didn't feel it was fair to make a permanent choice for someone who was not given an opportunity to have a voice in that decision. And I have always said that if--when they are old enough to fully understand the issues and implications--my sons wish...
Quote: Originally Posted by mommy68 My older son has a certain personality type that I always want to protect. He will allow himself to be pushed around because he is a good person and truly does not see that he is being pushed around and used. OMG thank you for sharing this. You described *my* older son to a "T". And I was that kid, too, all the way up through college, when I finally put my foot down and became a social hermit, focusing...
Quote: Originally Posted by mamatoady This may have already been posted, but if you wait until she no longer wants to go to school to take her out, then the damage has been done...that would suggest that her drive to learn has been taken away and you'll have that battle. "School" should be about learning, not simply a place you go to to have fun. Which to me means that she's already in school. Show her (as if she doesn't already know) that learning...
Yeah, this is exactly why I've learned to avoid going to the zoo in May, or to any museum on reduced price days (alas). Too many field trip groups. I'm tired of my little guys getting shoved around by bigger kids who are being rushed between exhibits and are more excited about being out of a classroom than actually interested in seeing/learning what is there.
That's a tough one. My little guy is about to turn 5 and will be eligible next year. He's starting to see his friends disappear onto buses and is asking questions. So I have these thoughts, too. One thing that has really given me faith in my convictions (and the strength to stick by them, despite what he may think he wants right now) is making a list. Not of the many reasons *to* homeschool, but the reasons that *I* in particular want to homeschool. It's not a bad idea....
Quote: You can try affirmations like "I am open." Yup. Did that in the second labor...and did not have the Kegel-y feeling that I had in my first. I do think that I was just so stressed during that first labor that *everything* tensed up. Which is exactly what they warned against in childbirth classes, alas. It may bear mentioning that I also battle TMJ. In fact, going in to the first labor, I told my DH that he needed to remind me to keep my jaw...
I agree...I do think that my cervix not opening was because neither of my babies properly descended. I think I just freaked out because now that I have a name for the vaginismus, I remembered feeling that sensation during labor. After a few days of calming down, I do think that it's possible that it flared up during that nightmare first labor...but was only one of many symptoms and not a cause. Thank you also to the poster who suggested chiropractic care. I may very...