or Connect

Posts by meowmix

Yesterday... *Workout *Went on a field trip with DD2!!  That was fun. *Packed and tidied for our camping trip. *Took son shopping with me for junk food for camping *Hung out and read my book *Went to Target and Kmart to get camping stuff *Movie night with kids (John Carter.. it was like star wars!)   Today we're finalizing our plans and heading out the door soon!!  The dogs know we're camping and, even though they don't particularly like camping, they get all...
First off... CONGRATS spiderpig, on your engagement!  How exciting!!   And we have a Mazda 6, it's a good car, kind of sporty without being sporty and I like it a lot.  It's my husband's car.  I drive a big ole 3rd row seating SUV, which I also like a lot.  It fits the newfie and lots of kids.  heh   MariaMadly, I guess it does kind of depend on the day.  But most of my days are so routine that I think I would say I didn't do something like clean the kitchen if the day...
 Oh, your chai sounds MUCH better!  The chai at Starbucks is a syrup.  :)  A dirty chai is a chai tea latte (chai syrup and milk) with a shot of espresso in it.  I thought it would be gross when I first tried it but it's pretty tasty!
I managed a Starbucks for a while before I had children.  I'm perhaps a bit biased.  :)  One, I visit Starbucks because I like their coffee (it's only a bit weaker than I make my own coffee).  I don't often drink anything at Starbuck besides plain black coffee. No cream, no sugar.  I do find many of the drinks too sweet but that's not a Starbucks problem.. that's because I don't like milk and sugar in my coffee.  I do like the venue because I can get a cup of coffee and...
Congrats on the purchase of your first car, Spiderpig!  And may I ask where you got your user name?   Yesterday was okay.   *Did not work out *Walked nonobadbordercollie with son *Studied and took WAY too long to nicely word a potentially controversial discussion board posting for school.  I hate when they ask questions that can end in debate because, online, there is no nonverbal communication.  And my opinion almost always seems to be in the minority. *Ate lunch...
First off, yay for a decent day back at work, Kitchensqueen!   And I see you are back in the routine with Little Man, too, playing trains.   Catholicmama, that's a bummer that no one likes your cooking!  If they don't like it, what do they eat?  Do they cook for themselves?  I admit, my children are not always a fan that we're HAVING soup that night, but they'll eat it and then, suddenly, they realize they like soup.  heh Yesterday was more of the same:*Worked out*Went to...
Welcome spiderpig and naturemama!  Spiderpig, your life sounds very eventful.  I do think it would be fun (but hard work!) to work on a farm.  I've always kind of wanted a hobby farm but I also like where I live right now.   Naturemama- how exciting to be working on adopting!  I have a friend who would like to adopt, but she is in the very preliminary, research stages.  I'm really excited for her, too.     Yesterday I spent much of the day studying.  Getting ahead when...
Yay for puppies!  I hope there's one available for you!   This weekend was fairly busy with school work, I don't think I posted on Saturday.   I took time with a friend at son's lax game on saturday.   Wrote a paper on Saturday. Went out with husband and met some friends downtown. Sunday-- Went to Target to get bathing suits and some general camping things (we're going to the Outer Banks camping for Spring Break!) Wrote another paper Took DD2 out with her friend...
It varies, between 8 and 9.  I usually read for a while and then the kids are allowed to read in bed.  My 9 year old may fall asleep while I'm reading.  My 12 year old usually reads until 9:30 or 10pm.  Sometimes they all zonk out at 8:30pm.  It depends on what our day has been like.  My son recently started homeschooling but I kept the same nightly routine.  He sleeps until about 8am and sometimes falls asleep in the afternoon.  He has always needed more sleep, though.
Kitchensqueen, your days sound wonderful right now!  After all that stress you totally deserve that break!   MariaMadly- Yay for not having to replace the boiler!  Did you ever visit a breeder for puppies?   Yesterday: Worked out Worked for a bit Wrote some of my paper  Snarked at the dogs a lot because they were being insane yesterday (and this morning so far.  ARGH) Drafted an email with son to a friend of mine who helps people affected by climate change (and...