or Connect

Posts by meowmix

I wonder if I should give MSM a try.  Maybe I'll do a little research on it.   MariaMadly- I just put a line of it (powdered) on windowsills or in doorways.  The ants won't cross it.  If you put it in a circle around them, you'll have trapped them!  heh.  It makes a mess, though, so not really feasible on surfaces you regularly wipe down, like counters.     Yesterday afternoon I did not get everything done.  Son and I did finish the Metamorphosis, and we chatted a while...
 First off, homeschooling my middle school aged son is easier than it was homeschooling him in first grade.  But, there really is no need to think that far down the road yet.  I just started homeschooling again after spending the elementary years in elementary school. I homeschooled my son in first grade.  We did not have a good K experience and so it made sense to bring him home.  He was in school second grade though middle of seventh grade.  My daughters are still in...
Oh, I forgot to say what I did yesterday.   *Woke up too late to work out and son was feeling sick yesterday.  :( *Saw girlies off to school *Let son lounge on the couch while we watched some Climate change youtube stuff and talked about the next lesson in the curriculum (how climate change effects food for those in impoverished nations. *I went to orthodontist appt (and got pink and purple rubber bands on my braces!) *Son finished a math sample lesson while I was...
 Have a FANTASTIC vacation!  Are you staying home?  I imagine I see lots of playing trains in your future week (it seems like Little Man has a train obsession?  heehee).  Also, we had glass tables growing up and it was my job to clean the glass.  We had four sliding glass doors to the outside, a glass dining table and glass coffee table.  And animals.  OMG, I HATED cleaning them!  I never clean the glass sliding door now and I have deliberately avoided buying glass tables....
There was talk about time4learning on this board and also on a homeschooling group I am on.  Honestly, it seemed a little young for my son so I didn't look into it further.  There was some other people I think on the homeschooling group who posted the same thing.  
 This oddly made me LOL.  It's kind of like an April Fool, but I'm sure that it's a typo.  ;) CatholicMama- I do the same thing sometimes.  It's amazing how effective it is at getting children to clean up!  heehee.. Today was busy busy.  *Worked out this morning.*Chiro appt.  My shoulder is beginning to feel like it is in less pain.  Yay!  *Home briefly to talk to son about HTML lesson.  Did a little research online for a writing camp for DD1.*To therapy (an unexpected,...
I pulled my son recently.  I had planned on him completing 7th grade and homeschooling for 8th grade but it just didn't work out that way.  We have so far been a mix of deschooling and structured learning (he is unsure if he will want to go to high school or even 8th grade next year so we want to generally keep him caught up).  We are very piecemeal since, from the experience of homeschooling him in first grade, I know that I never really like ALL of a single boxed...
Kitchensqueen, your day was so busy!  It made me exhausted just reading it!  I hope your day at work is tolerable.  :)   Sunday was gloriously lazy.  We had a lazy morning.  Husband let me sleep in and made omelets for breakfast. It has been raining allll weekend.  Today is was sleet, rain and snow.  They didn't cancel DD2's lax game.  After lounging around in the morning, drove 45 minutes in the sleet to Ariel's lax game only to have it canceled 3 minutes before we got...
 Wow, I would have been pretty resentful of that assignment because it would have been homework for myself, as well!  It does, however, look like something DD2 (who is in 3rd grade) would do in class with a classmate.  They often pair up on word study stuff like that.  I help DD2 review her words sometimes but really, I taught both of them how to study their words without my help- whether or not they do is up to them.  DD2 also happens to be a really good speller so her...
I don't have tiny kids in the house anymore, but my kids were younger when I started school.  I think my son was 7, DD1 was 5 and DD2 was 3.  I also homeschooled my 7 year old.  And yes, I studied when they were awake!  I was wiped out by the time they went to bed.  Way too tired to study.  I don't think you need to spend every waking moment productively with children.  It's about the quality of your time with them, not the quantity.  As for "doing something productive"...