or Connect

Posts by meowmix

Yesterday all I really did was work.  I am behind on my spreadsheet and I haven't been working so I worked 5 hours yesterday (which is a lot for me to do, usually I do 2 hours a day). I also took nonobadbordercollie to the vet to get her stitches out and bought rattie food for the ratties. Went out to lunch with son  Bought an orange and black sweatshirt for the basketball game tonight Listened to a Climate change documentary while I worked. Painted girls nails and...
 oh wow, what a nightmare.  Does your company not pay for you to take a cab home so you could have taken a more reasonable flight?  My husband had the same thing with his job.  They want him to take the cheapest flight so there's always connections.  At his last company, he always flew the most convenient.  This past time when he traveled, he was irritated about the first leg of his flight being canceled so he would miss the connecting flight.  Consequently, he had to...
Yesterday was pretty casual and nice! *Walked nonobadbordercollie FINALLY.  Stitches or no, she was driving us all insane. *Answered Discussion board posts for college *Helped son with math *Went to chiro appt *Went to homeschool friend's house and son played with her son and I chatted with the mom.  We agreed both kids are comfortable enough with each other to do drop offs now (which is good because I really like the mom, but I could also use the time to study or...
 I felt that way when I first started driving... just so nervous.  And when I had a Jeep Wrangler with no top and I went out on the highway I about died! You'll get used to it!  All your stops, though, I'm not surprised you were tired!  Hope you were able to sit away your evening!  :) Maria- Briards are gorgeous!  They sound a lot like my border collie mix in personality (maybe because f the herding?).  Good luck in whatever breed you decide.  The breeder we got our newfie...
Maria, is your profile pic your dog?  She was ADORABLE!!!!!  Would you consider getting the same breed?  My friend had an english mastiff who was a huge sweetheart.  I always wanted one.  I think one giant breed in a house with kids is enough though.  There's always newfies, too, but our newfie is so drooly and hairy and stubborn.  I'm not convinced they are the best giant breeds out there (maybe that would go to a bernese... I haven't met one who isn't so sweet and...
 HAHAHA!  Yes.  Are you back in town now? I won't post EVERYTHING I did.  But I did bake a yummy, four layer German Chocolate Cake for my husband's birthday.  Helped the girlies make a cute Happy Birthday sign.  Started a climate change curriculum with the surly teenage son.  Did math with him.  Studied.  I'm sure I did other stuff that I can't remember.  
 It does get easier.  I remember those stages very well.  It seemed like, because my husband was at work all day, he sometimes forgot how to "be with kids".  My day was also very free-flow and his work day was very structured.  So he'd come home to this free time and not be sure how to "entertain" himself or the kids.  I'll admit, those early years were tough and I did most of the work.  I was just blunt, but kind, when I needed his help.  He wasn't NOT willing to help, he...
My daughter is older but I got her a book about puberty.  I also sat down and talked with her about it at a point when it wasn't in the moment- so I didn't need her to take a shower right then, etc.  I just talked to her about how she might have to shower every other day now (really she should every day but this is our compromise) and she might need to wear deodorant, especially in the warmer weather.  I so know what you mean about the stinky head smell!     She has...
I woke up this morning and it is snowing.  AGAIN.     I just felt a need to post that. 
Hey, it's five o'clock.  Do I really have time to post?  How amazing.  :)  Oh, apparently not since it's 10:30 now and I am finally getting a chance to get back to this.  heh   *Woke up too late to work out this morning.  Too tired. *Put gas in the car *Made it to Chiro appt only minimally late.  She did some sort of wonderous thing involving trigger points on my neck and it felt so much better. *Ran home and grabbed son  *Went to Whole Foods for food.  We actually...