or Connect

Posts by meowmix

omg, I totally do this, too.  Even when we have potluck parties where people are all bringing something, I still panic and make tons of food and we end up having way too many leftovers.  Yesterday was a snow day for the kids and, since they are all freakin sick to death of snow, they spent a lot of time chilling.  I'm also not really remembering what I did, too.  lol*Spent two hours working*Read an entire book (I got it for son, but the theme was a bit mature- Confessions...
Wow, Kitchensqueen, your job sounds pretty miserable.  I don't blame you for beginning to look for another job.   Good luck in your search.    This was a busy weekend, I don't even think I updated for Saturday, too.  We did most of the housework, etc on Saturday because we had friends coming for dinner.  I also made lasagne on Saturday, too (and we all ate the whole thing so I had no leftovers!  WAH!).  I also had a chiro appt on Saturday morning and my neck is starting...
I got my AA through my local community college.  I got the bulk of it online as they offered many online classes.  I was required to take like 20% of my classes on campus, though, but I just took those gradually and at convenient times.  It was much cheaper than online college.  When I got my AA, I transferred to Thomas Edison State College to get my BA- they didn't transfer my degree, but my credits so they took all the classes I had taken as credits against the BA....
Yesterday was pretty good! *Wrote my paper for class so I don't have to write this weekend! *Did absolutely nothing on the internet for a bit *Son tried to teach me mancala but his game is like a tiny travel game *Ran to Target to see if they had a bigger game.  They didn't.  Got Munchkin's Legends instead. *Played that when we got home *Went to game day at the local homeschool group.  Totally clicked with this group and LOVED it.  They are all local and I will...
 Could she still be inside and hiding?  When we moved into a temporary place my Maine Coon disappeared. He's 15 and I have had him longer than my children.  I was beside myself and we looked everywhere.  We thought he had gotten outside and I canvassed the neighborhood, knocking on doors, etc.  I searched the inside of the house, in every nook and cranny.  Days later, I am in the kitchen, crying against my husband's shoulder.  I opened my eyes and there, nonchalantly...
 First, happy birthday to your DD, Smokering!  I think you are wonder woman for getting all that done in a day.  :) Also, yay for seeing your DS2, Maria!  I miss my kids when they are gone at a sleepover.  I'm glad growing up for them is a bit in the future.   Where's kitchensqueen?  She hasn't posted in a couple days.   Yesterday we tried to make it lazier.  *Alarm never went off so I didn't get to work out.*Studied in the morning*Read to son for a long time (Diary of...
 I was so hoping for some severe storms!  Our forecast of rainy all day with severe storms in the afternoon turned into some light sprinkle around 3pm and that's it.  Oh well.  Today was insane:*Slept in a bit (Wed is off from working out)*Saw girlies off to school*Listened to son give presentation.  His PP was great, his presentation needed work.  He's working on it.*Went to my therapy appt.*Put leftovers in the oven to heat up for lunch and vacuumed kids' rooms, swept...
omg, my son still took an afternoon nap on the days he wasn't in kindergarten!  I LOOOVED the afternoon nap and was so sad when they gave them up.  Now, of course, they are older so I just leave the house if I need to.     Yesterday was pretty busy: *Worked out in the morning at 6:15a *Saw the girlies off to school *Studied and started a paper while son did his own work *Cleaned up a bit *Ate lunch and headed to a homeschooling group parkday. I played lax with son...
Wow!  Thanks so much for sharing the link, OP!  I had no idea there was such a thing as Minecraft homeschool.  I know the age range on these say 5-15 and my son is 12.  We're going to try one and see if he likes it.  
Busy day yesterday: *Woke at 6:15am and made it to the gym to workout!!!!  YAY! *Came home and saw the girls off to school. *Did housework with son- vacuumed upstairs and living level, cleaned kitchen, started laundry, emptied trash cans, started laundry *Went out to a wooded area at the end of the road and took the nonobadbordercollie.  She was in doggy heaven and pretended she was a wild dog while we trakked around. *Taught son how to make the oh-so-healthy lunch of...