or Connect

Posts by meowmix

We looove Hullaballo (maybe I spelled it wrong) by the people who made Cranium. It's something we can all play, even my baby loves it when I hold her and play. She always claps when they say "You're a winner!" The kids love to colour, play playdough, or other crafty things. Hide and Go seek (in the house) is always fun and they love it, though I will say that they almost always TELL me where they are going to hide or they giggle and I hear them so it always...
I chose baby wearing as I think I have recieved the most comments from my family in general about it. I have spent most of my time carrying my children in arms while at home and in the bjorn when out without using a stroller nearly at all. My family has made plenty of comments about putting the baby down, the wonders of playpens, etc. I have also gotten comments about not CIO, especially if I dare to be exhausted in the morning because I have nursed all night and...
I sing a little song when I brush the kids' teeth. I sing it once through for the baby and usually have to do it two (or three) times for the older ones. If they really want to do it, I have baby toothpaste I let the 2 yr old use as she usually ends up swallowing it and I let it go and will let her brush her teeth once a day if she asks. But at least once a day *I* must brush their teeth just to make sure it gets done thoroughly. My son is 4 yrs and is pretty good...
I put "not usually but I have my moments". I was not raised with AP or GD type principals. Though I was not spanked (I only remember once where I was), I was yelled at, I probably had timeouts and consequences for actions. I myself am not a lowkey person and am prone to getting a bit stressed or irritable very easily. And I haven't always been trying GD techniques. So it is a challenge everyday. Even if I haven't been perfect during the day and maybe have gotten...
Oh my gosh, I couldn't read and not respond. How horrible! How horrible for you and your family to witness that and how horrible for that crazy woman to rant and harrass you like that. I mean, what would have happened if your son had piped up and told YOU (or her) that spanking was wrong? You know how children can be so honest sometimes. She probably would have been a crazy woman on him, too! I feel bad for you and even worse for her children. For her to go off like...
I moved away from battery operated toys and was trying for a more "waldorf inspired" house. I had no problem sending my parents websites for toys, suggesting what the children would want/need. I did this with my inlaws, too. Both sides also know my kids LOOOVE books and if they want to buy lots of something, make it books! And they have known for years that we don't want them giving tons of gifts on holidays/birthdays. They have always been very understanding...
I have a 4 yr old boy and two girls (2 yrs and 10 months). My boy, while he can be sweet and sensitive, is primarily more physically explosive when he gets angry, he is more distractable and he has less patience for things like puzzles, etc. This has been since he was a baby. My daughter would try to figure out a solution (ie: she walked her pushtoy into a corner and can't get it to move) whereas my son would just get angry and have a tantrum. My daughter is much...
I chose housekeeper.. but I think what I would really like is just a professional diaper changer. Both my girls just HATE laying still for a diaper change and it's just such a pain right now! No amount of trying to occupy them with toys, books, silly faces, bribes, etc will keep them laying still long enough to change them! Blah, I hate changing diapers! So yea, are there people out there who sit around waiting to change my childrens' diapers?
For xmas the things they get will be labeled for them and will be theirs (Santa gifts are not labelled but are geared more towards interest or cooperative play). However, as the day progresses, they will want to see and play with what the other sibling got and so will realize they will have to trade/share their new toy in order to play with their sibling's toy. It works this way with pretty much all the toys in the house- they have to share something that they are...
Quote: Originally Posted by canndw Ours is around $10,000 per grade school child. Preschool (3 day, morning only) is more like $4500. David The school in NC where we are relocating is about that much, too. The one he attends now (in the northern virginia area) is about 4K for 2 day preschool and 14K for highschool.