or Connect

Posts by meowmix

THANK YOU!!   I think I will try making it this week.  I have never used milk powder in bread.  This does have a lot of dairy in it.  I am going to make the recipe straight the first time then I might try subbing for some of the dairy, or at least subbing milk for the half n half (which I don't often have in the house).  You have made my day!  :) Today my son totally didn't wake up until 9:30am.  I'm thinking he's trying to stay on winter time.  heh.  I got up at 6:15am...
 I think I need a tangzhong recipe, please!  I have been unsuccessfully trying to find a good burger bun recipe and they are all too bread like and crusty.   Today was a lazy day.*Woke up and was grumpy (sigh, I need to stop this trend)*Drank coffee, husband picked up bagels and smoked salmon for breakfast*Clean kitchen and spent the morning trying unsuccessfully to start my paper.  DD1 was going to the movies with a friend, so I was interupted there.  Then DD2 couldn't...
It was crazy busy yesterday but fun! *Woke at 6am to get ready to go judge Odyssey of the Mind *Spent 7:45 until 4:30 judging Odyssey of the Mind plays.  Tons of fun.  Some GREAT ideas and skits. *Went to Fuddruckers with all our school OM teams for dinner. *Went back to the school to see the awards ceremony.  We never win (we've only been doing this two years and are still learning.  But it's fun to watch everyone else win! *Came home with tired kids and went to BED.
I hate the phone, too.  But I at your introduction to DH's tablet!   Yesterday:*Woke up early to work and finished my spreadsheet*Was kind of grumpy.*DD2 made me eggs and coffee (insisted on it, actually) so I couldn't allow myself to be grumpy after that!*Worked madly on a psych paper and tried not to weep, wondering how I would get it all done*Baked cookies with son*Went to meet a friend for coffee for an hour.  Son came and worked on report and HTML class.*Picked up rx...
 We're all so sick of snow here!  Especially since it's spring time for us so we'll have these warmer days (it was in the 60s for a few days!) then we get some big ole snow dump.  I'm ready to not see snow for a while!  You seem to have more consistent levels of snow though?  I mean, we get snow and it melts.  Then we have warmer temps.  Then we get snow again and go through the whole cycle.   I'm holding you to that P/T for your knee!  Do it!  It's good for you and will...
omg.  So busy.  This is insane.  :)  Honestly, I can't even really remember what I did yesterday!   I think I *Worked for a bit *Went to my orthodontist appt *Researched and answered a response my professor wrote regarding a discussion post I had done. *Made sure son stayed on task for things. *Ate lunch *Went to the music place to sign son up for DJ lessons, went to the library for more books *Tried to study with son at Starbucks but it was too busy so we ran an...
 Oh, wow.  That was really wonderful.  I don't have that level of pain.. yet.  I anticipate I may one day, but I have arthritis, not lupus so my pain is different (not in a good or bad way, just different).  Thanks for making me weepy this morning!  :) Oh how do I never have enough time in a day?  *Snow day AGAIN for the kids.  *I feel like my day passed really quickly.  Cleaned kitchen.*Retreated to the office to study.*What?  Lunchtime?*Had a long chat with son, who is...
 Given that the girls were home for a snow day and it was messy and noisy in here, he did good!  He researched for a "book" he has decided to write about the history of DJing, he did some HTML lessons from a free course I found, he baked a chocolate cake with me, read quite a bit, took a nap and practiced on his DJ decks.  Today is another snow day and so I'm hoping a friend will come over today and hang with him.  I think this will be successful.  I already met with him...
LOL!  Didn't even realize it was March!  This month flew by!  Thanks for posting the reminder! It looks llike everyone had a nice Sunday! Yesterday..   *Wrote in my college schedule for the semester.  When things are due, etc.  omg. I'm busy. *Showered and all that jazz. *Filled out the Notice of Intent for son. *Went to the grocery store to pick up things before The Snow happens *Put away groceries *Made dinner (short ribs in wine with carrots and mushrooms) to...
Great saturday!   *Made the homemade poptart recipe and they were a hit! *Swept the living level and vaccumed the stairs, generally tidied up. *Vacuumed part of the upstairs and helped son clean his room *Took son out to exchange sweatpants and also got myself a pair of workout shoes on clearance. *Chatted with friend at son's lax practice for a bit (it was COLD again!).  DD1 and DD2 had Odyssey of the Mind meeting. *Came home to another friend over to pick up girl...