or Connect

Posts by meowmix

WELCOME!  I love reading about everyone's day!   Maria, what if your husband going back to school for?  How exciting for him (and you, maybe? heehee). Yesterday was pretty good.  I'm enjoying my week off school.*Colored DD1's hair (and my hands!) magenta.*Went to my rheumatologist appt*Worked on a homeschooling plan document and drafted an email to my husband.  Son wants to homeschool NOW, rather than next year.  *Worked for a couple hours*Cleaned kitchen*Went to the gym...
What did I do yesterday?  I really need to post at the end of the day!  lol. *I worked most of the morning and put dinner in the crockpot. *Fielded a call from son about him forgetting his homework and mathbook at home.  I'm frustrated at this point because he is not doing well and is fairly apathetic about the whole "going to school" thing. *Ate lunch.  I'm sure I did something else in here... oh!  Did some laundry. *Rescheduled some appointments, sent some...
I am like a social introvert.  I feel like it is taking care of myself when we have friends over.  It's like meeting everyone's needs but also making my life interesting and fun.  We have hosted poker nights, halloween parties, basic holiday gatherings or had friends over for pizza and conversation (and sometimes we go to friends' houses, too).  We joke that are parties are kid friendly adult parties because we make sure we have juice boxes and everything for the kids, but...
 This.  I don't really like hugs.  I have some friends who I greet with hugging because I have gotten used to it.  I don't usually initiate, though.  I also only shake hands with people I might do business with or who work with my husband.  That said, I LOVE hugging my kids and like cuddling with and hugging my husband.  I am fairly physical with affection.  But that rarely extends past my immediate family.  
 Oh no!  Poor guy.  I hope he is feeling okay this morning.  DD2 got the window slammed on her thumb last night (accidentally) and it was all huge and swollen.  Weekend for injuries.  I guess you didn't need stitches for your thumb then and, well, at least spaghetti sauce is red?  :)
Laundry was kind of a fail.  Mainly because they brought it downstairs but husband was working in the laundry room on a broken pipe and so had everything all unhooked.  So *I* am doing their laundry today.  heh.   So yesterday *Husband fixed a pipe that had frozen and cracked. *I vaccuumed and cleaned the kitchen, read a bit of the paper *Gave gs cookies to one of the moms, chatted for a moment with son's friend's dad, who I feel like I haven't seen in forever.  Said...
Catholic mama, hm.  I never really thought about it.  But Patrick's day sounds like it's someone's birthday named Patrick.  Valentine is more, I guess, familiar as a holiday without the Saint in front of it.  Patrick is a regular modern name.  I do not know the history of either holiday or saint.  Was one more prominent than the other?     Yesterday was pretty busy!   *Woke up early and made it to the Odyssey of the Mind judges training.  Spent most of the day at...
I have to preface this by saying that I am NOT a speech therapist.  But my son had problems with his speech, especially his "r"s when he was in elementary school.  I got him speech therapy and he "graduated" from it just fine.  He has perfect speech now.  He had trouble enunciating words when he was in preschool but I chose to wait until elementary for services in hopes he would grow out of them.  He didn't.     If I were you, your daughter is old enough to talk to her...
How're you feeling today, kitchensqueen?  Hope you've been able to get some rest!   Today so far I have  *showered and kind of cleaned the kitchen *Reviewed for one final *Taken that final *Reviewed for another final *Taken that final (my third class did not have a final)   Now I am done this round of classes and have a whole week of NO COLLEGE CLASSES!!!  The bad news was that the proctor service accidentally disconnected me after I started my second final.  I...
 Oh no!  That sounds miserable.  Sending you healing vibes and I hope it doesn't make its rounds through everyone there.    Hope you can get some rest tomorrow. Today I..*Took son to school because he was running late*Picked husband up from a gas station.. about as far as he made it on his bike to work.  Too much snow.  *Took him to work and the girls to school (they were tardy, oops)*Went to the grocery store for a weekly trip*Unloaded and put away groceries.*Changed the...