or Connect

Posts by meowmix

I'm an introvert.  I admit, I did feel really lonely when I first became a stay at home mom with my son.  I joined playgroups and that's how I met people.  Sometimes I didn't really click with the moms at playgroups but I just kept going.  Or, after I had gone for a while and the group still didn't feel like a fit, I would gradually stop going and replace it with another group.  I found some areas were harder to find friends in than others.  I had a tough time finding...
Today actually ended up being pretty good! *Cheered DD2 on at the spelling bee for her school.  She's in third grade and did REALLY well for her first time!  Finished in the top half of the kids.  She spelled curiosity correct.. but wren threw her off.  She said she knew it had a silent letter but couldn't remember what it was.  But wow, I was proud of her! *Went to my therapy appointment *Came home and ate lunch and studied and worked on my paper for college *Chatted...
I am certainly not an expert and would consider myself just learning, as well.  I came to Buddhism through a family tragedy and it really resonated with me.  I have several books on Mindfulness which I found to be helpful reads.  One is called 8 Mindful Steps to Happiness.  Previously, I practiced being mindful and present with my children, so I was already used to some aspects of living mindfully.     I meditate, though not consistently.  I do find it really relaxing,...
 I didn't mean to sound short when I said I know I should try the yoga.  ;)  I really do need to start.  I do have poor flexibility but good balance.  I've always been inflexible.  I had achilles problems a year or so ago for which I was in P/T for.  It was a injury due to running, but also exacerbated by arthritis.  It got reasonably better, but I feel pain if I run consistently.  The stretching I did for P/T was really helpful but I admit, I didn't continue it...
kitchensqueen, I know I should do the yoga.  I think I just need to suck it up and start.  I'm PMSing right now and I have horrible PMS.  No physical symptoms (except my pain level goes up, but not cramps and stuff) but I get SO depressed.  The rheumatologist took lots of blood and I got like a million X-Rays done.  Next Tuesday I go back for results.  He told me I may have osteoarthritis as well as psoriatic arthritis, which completely derailed me for the day.  Just a...
I think I would be restless if I didn't do anything else, too, though I also have hobbies I would like to pursue.  The deadlines I have are not set in stone.  They are more guidelines and I try to meet them as best I can.  My job is fairly brainless, but it pays for some lessons for the kids and for me to get my hair done (LOL!).  aim4balance, I agree with you about that year off being valuable.  I think it will be essential for us to find out rhythm and routine.  It also...
Yesterday was busy but not busy.  So I was busy but not exhausted by the end of the day.  I am PMSing, though, so I'm really sore (my pain seems to fluctuate with my hormones. *Saw the kids off to school *Worked for about two hours *Tidied and vacuumed the main level, cursed and vacuumed the stairs (I hate carpeted stairs with pets!) *Cleaned up the kitchen *Took the border collie mix for a walk.   *Ate lunch, took care of a couple emails.  Did some research on...
Hello!  It looks like you had a busy week!  Shopping all day would wear me out, too.  I hate shopping.  May I ask what you'e in a flare up for?  
I think a vet appointment is in order, too.  Behavioral changes can be a sign of something else going on.  Maybe nothing shows up, but at least you got him checked out.     Maybe he's having too much kid/people time and getting touched out?  Maybe he needs some space sometimes just to chill by himself. I don't know how much time he and your son are together but I know my border collie mix gets a bit snippy if the kids decide for the umteenth time to interact with her...
 zomg!  Those look soooo good.  I am TOTALLY making these this weekend!  What did you put in yours?  My kids would go crazy if I put nutella in them.  I might be inclined to make some sort of brown sugar cinnamon mix and put it in (I love the brown sugar poptarts).  Thanks for passing along the recipe!