or Connect

Posts by Earthylady

I have 3 girls and 1 boy, plus whatever I'm growing now.  I don't find my girls to be harder than the boy at all!  In fact, I think it's a lot more difficult with him because I don't understand his stubbornness, need to compete, need to be extremely physical ALL.THE.TIME, etc.  I relate to my girls way more.  Of course, I love all of my kids!  And I find things to complement each of them on that is unique to them, but my girls are so much more snugly, and...
I am measuring 5-6 weeks ahead.  I'm 14 weeks and measuring at my belly button 19-20cm.  I'm a little freaked out about that.  I messaged my mw to ask her if that's normal for a 5th baby.  
At 14 weeks I've gained 5 pounds.  This is highly unusual for me!  I've usually gained AT LEAST 10 pounds by now.  In all of my previous pregnancies I've gained 50 pounds every.single.time.  This makes me hopeful that maybe I will gain less as an overall total this time.  But history has shown me otherwise so I'm kind of just anticipating another 50 and that I'll catch up to my norm pretty soon.  :)
Yes, but some people may say on day 2, that is the 1st week of pregnancy, whereas others would wait until day 7 to say they were 1 week pregnant.  So, that's where the confusion comes in later on.  That at 12 week, say.....2 days, one person would say they were 12 weeks, while another would say they were in their 13 th week.  It's all in how you choose to look at it I guess. :)  So it helps explain why some sites or people like this one...
My first baby was a c section without labor due to breech presentation.  It was against my will, but I was backed into a corner and lied to by hospital staff and pretty much forced into surgery.  We took Bradley classes during this pregnancy and was planning a hospital water birth. My 2nd baby was a home birth.  Labor was 36 hours and change.  It wasn't horrible.  Really.  Only the last couple of hours were really hard and mostly because I was exhausted and just wanted to...
Officially here too!   Technically, 2nd tri runs from the first day of 13 weeks to 28 weeks.  Sometimes you can get super specific with exact day counts and stuff, and some people even say 2nd tri starts at the end of 13 weeks, BUT, that's when people count the week they are in differently.  For instance, I'm 13 weeks 2 days, OR I could say I'm in my 14th week of pregnancy.  Both are fine, but some sites say end of 13th week because technically, they are counting that...
I think the biggest difference is hot sweaty mom and baby.  Especially when baby wearing.  We don't have central air and only have a small window a/c in our bedroom.  I expect it to be quite uncomfortable.  We also have a small homestead that requires tons of outdoor work, so  babywearing is a necessity in order to get my everyday work done with a little.  Hot cars in parking lots after shopping, things like that to consider.  But it will be nice to have access to lots of...
My 27 month old is still nursing occasionally.  Usually to sleep at night and at nap, on the rare occasion she'll ask during the day, but that's about it.  I don't have any soreness and I have no idea if there is still milk or not.  My breasts haven't changed at all since getting pg this time yet.
Dehydration is a common cause of headache. Glad you are feeling better! Hormones are another cause too though and not as easy to get rid of.
If your trained mw couldn't feel anything 2 weeks ago, then you were probably not feeling your uterus above your belly button. Typically you would be feeling it just above your pubic bone and below your belly button. I can clearly feel mine about 3 fingers below my belly button.