or Connect

Posts by Earthylady

I had a mw on another board tell me I shouldn't take EPO (nor 5-W...for different reasons) because like someone else said...that it can soften the scar tissue of the uterus just like it can soften the scar tissue of the cervix. (Which can cause more painful and slower dialations.) However, my own personal mw (who has done lots of VBACs) suggested it to me when I was pg (and before this other mw told me I shouldn't) AND she suggested I start taking it around 32 weeks...
Quote: Originally Posted by sunshinestarr I'll try to find the book but I don't like paying the shipping from amazon all the way to here. Hopefully I'll find it here. Try the library! I've been amazed by the books I've picked up there!
Studied Bradley Method and used the pool....did lots of reading....focused on making low oooooooo noises during contractions and trying to stay as absolutely relaxed as possible. I spent the worse of my labor in the water. I can't imagine what it would have been like on land...although I birthed on land...but didn't get out of the water until I was a 10. I was in the water for about 5 hours total and did 7 cm in that time. So, it didn't slow it down. But, it took...
What kind of monitoring? I would find out specifics. A local hospital near me demands IFM for VBACS and my response was "Are you nuts? You're not putting a screw in my baby's skull!" : Most EFM should only momentary after the initial strip. And from my info...you have the right to refuse ANY and EVERYTHING. Mandy
Well, we finally did it last night. Saturday will be 7 weeks. I had prepared DH for what I needed from him (slow, gentle, etc). So, last night I got ds nursed to sleep, put him in his swing, took a bath, drank some wine, shaved my legs, lotioned up, put on a pretty gown, turned on some music and took our time (used lube too!). It wasn't that bad! I did have to remind him twice to be gentle, but all in all...not nearly as bad as I had expected. I enjoyed it...I'll...
I haven't...but absolutely would have! I was so angry that I was forced to have a c-section just because dd was frank breech. I was prepared to birth her naturally even then. But was told there was no one in that hospital that would allow a first time mom to birth a breech baby. I was in tears and so heartbroken! My Bradley classes were for what? : So, when I was pg last time, I had hoped from day one that this one wouldn't be breech, and I mean, I was paranoid...
I would do my best to inform them medically in case it would help someone else. But, I also wouldn't write it with the expectation of hearing something back from them. More than likely you won't...but if you do, consider that even better. I'm sorry you had to go through that. But, you will heal. And hopefully your next birth will go much better. Mandy
Quote: Originally Posted by hairpin Just wondering why you consider them a pain to nurse with? I'm not too bright on how they actually work and probably wouldn't be able to use them for a while anyways as I'm using breast shells. I am frustrated to hell though with all the leaking. I have no clue how I'm going to work and pump. I think I'll have to change my wardrobe to loose fitting, front opening, patterned shirts and cardigans for...
Ummm. I could have written your post! Does that answer your question? But, suddenly today something dawned on me. I PASSED AN 8 POUND KID FROM DOWN THERE! WHY AM I AFRAID OF THAT LITTLE THING?
Yes. i got a girl the first time...and a boy the second time. It was right both times. Just coincidence though.