or Connect

Posts by Earthylady

A DEM shouldn't have any problems. Ours didn't anyway. She filled out most of the papers while I was laboring and then afterwards filled in the stats and got our signatures and even had us dig out proof of address before she left so we had it all together. While I was pg I had gone in to see my family doctor and she was gonna sign off on stuff for us because it was up in the air about whether or not my mw would be able to do it. But, at the birth...she said she...
We have a two story condo. downstairs is the kitchen, half bath, laundry, and the living room. Upstairs are the bedrooms and the full bath. I had planned on waterbirth and had the tub set up in the kitchen...but ended up birthing out of the water in the living room. It was a really long labor (36 + hours) and I was so drained (been awake for about 48 hours) that it took the midwife and DH helping me up the stairs after birth to get in the herbal bath that the mw had...
I prefer to be honest with people. Even if they aren't capable of understanding at the moment...my desires for VBAC are real and I won't pretend to be something or someone I'm not. I was honest with people all through out my pg about my struggles finding the kind of provider I needed, as well as my true heart about my doubts. It was only through this kind of truth that people were able to really be there for me and pray for me in a real and genuine way. This is...
Welcome! Congrats on your pg! Research is VERY important! Especially when going against the grain on VBAC! Would you be open to a homebirth? Why do you need antibiotics? Were you Group B strep positive once? If so...I highly recommend looking into the truth about GBS more and the side effects of antibiotics. Here's a great article to get you started. http://www.mothering.com/articles/pr...n/group-b.html If it's for some other reason I'm not familiar...
I used 5W, EPO, and occasionally drank RRL tea. I've also heard Master Gland is really good because it helps to balance the hormones more naturally to do the work rather than induce toning contractions...but I didn't try it. I didn't think my body was broken...I just wanted it to be in the best possible shape for labor and delivery. I wanted to give my body every possible advantage to work properly despite a previous c and hope that everything went well (meaning no...
What a horrible thing for your doctor to say to you!: And how to let it go? I didn't. I kept pursuing until I found what I was looking for and even better. I cried so much about the c. Then I cried so much over what appeared hopeless for the longest time. I interviewed 4 OBS and several MW while pg. Some OBS would allow me to try VBAC, but only if I agreed to all their tests. Which I didn't want either. MW's wouldn't take me cause their assisting Physicians...
Quote: Originally Posted by charmcitymama I just got the bill just for anesthesia and it is $1,112 AFTER insurance. That's more than I paid for my entire HB! So, next time...go for it! I'm pretty sure that you'd have done it at home. Especially if you made it to 8 cm before getting the epi. I'm sorry that you didn't get the ideal birth experience...but use this to fuel your next attempt! Know what it was that worked for you and...
I'm so sorry that happened to you! I could have written your post about 2 1/2 years ago. Same thing. Dd was breech at 40 weeks 2 days and I wasn't allowed to even go into labor, I was taken to OR that day. I had taken Bradley classes and was planning a hospital waterbirth also. I cried for a really long time over the birth I was robbed of. I tried really hard to make myself believe it was really the best thing for us, or maybe there were extenuating circumstances I...
Here's where I got mine http://stores.skipjack.com/betterher...erbs+For+Women Super fast shipping too! And the best price I found. I started taking it at 35 weeks and ds arrived 39 weeks 1 day. While with dd I was sectioned at 40 weeks 2 days and no labor really in site. I was a 1-2 cm and about 70% effaced with her...but that was it. (she was sectioned due to breech presentation : ) I also did EPO and RRL tea too with ds. Mandy
I had a really long labor too. 36 hours and 6 minutes total. I didn't get in the pool though until it got really hard...after my water broke. My water broke at 1:11 am, and then I had ds at 8:28 am. We started filling the pool around 2 and I got in as soon as there were a couple inches of water and stayed in there for about 5 hours. I had planned on having ds in the water, but ended up having him in the living room cause...well, I'm not really sure why. I was out of...