or Connect

Posts by Rikki Jean

Thank you so much, everyone. I had forgotten how much this hurts. I'm hoping the worst of it will be over soon. I want to know why Hypnobabies doesn't have a miscarriage track. My husband isn't home quite yet, and Lord knows what my children are doing in the family room while I lay in bed. My toddler came in with a spoonful of peanut butter a few minutes ago, so hopefully that isn't everywhere (you are allowed to laugh; I am, a little). Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bright red blood and some tissue now. Just like a period. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm always in denial.My second was born on Thanksgiving morning. We had signed up to bring mashed potatoes to dinner; if we had a baby that day (or before), it would be easy for someone else to take over, and if I was still pg, it would be something easy to make while very pg (I was already past my EDD).When I woke DH up and said that I thought I was in labor, he flew out of bed and started busying himself getting the tub ready. I said, "We should start boiling the...
Oh, and thank you, everyone! I forgot that part. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's hard to say, because I had what I thought was an intestinal bug on Monday and Tuesday, which caused a lot of upper intestinal cramping. I'm fairly certain they were NOT uterine cramps. Yesterday morning, it returned, but it was much more mild. I also noticed some very mild lower abdominal cramping, much like what I experience before a period (I call this sort of a "brewing" feeling). Early this morning, the same thing started, and it has been pretty constant since...
I started lightly spotting last night. It's still light this morning, and is pink and brown, but a bit heavier. I know this can be normal, but this is how my other miscarriages started, and I've never bled during a pregnancy carried to term, so I'm not feeling optimistic. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The longer, the better! As said above, the law is 1 year/20lbs, but AAP now recommends a *minimum* of 2 years, and many seats go far beyond that. We have Radians. My 30lb 4 y/o is still RF with plenty of weight and height ahead of her before she turns around. My 40lb 6y/o could still be RF, too, but he was in a seat with a lower height/weight limit when we turned him at 4.5 or 5, so we are keeping him FF in his new Radian. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keeping my protein up consistently is always key for me. Oddly, I haven't had any "I need to eat" nausea this time around. I did think all-day sickness was kicking in on Monday. Then I realized it was an intestinal bug. Fun. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Every time I wash my kitchen cloth (napkins, dish towels, wash cloths, random rags, etc.), there is a layer of grease left in the washing machine.  The grease is generally at the water line, and around the agitator.    Quite a few years ago, I used to wipe greasy cast iron with rags that went in this wash.  I thought that might be the culprit, so I started buying paper towels again, just for my pans.  While it decreased the amount of grease left in the washer, it didn't...