or Connect

Posts by applecider

I'm so sorry for your loss, I can't imagine the pain you are going through.
Wow, your list about your son sounds almost EXACTLY like mine. I too don't know just what to do. Mine just started first grade this year and while he did alright in K, it was only a half-day program and he had an awesome and understanding teacher. This year, I'm not so sure about his teacher. What you call "turning off" may be what I call "zoning out". For instance, we'll be lying in bed after lights out (I will lay with him for a bit) and I say, "DS, do you want...
Wow, your son sounds so much like mine! I don't know what to do either. Keep us posted on how things are going for you.
I need reassurance for my 6.5 yo as well. This whole time I've been hoping that he WOULD dance to a different tune and now that he does, I worry that he won't be accepted by his peers and it will destroy him socially. I guess I just need to not worry so much!
Where do I click on the home page to get to the chat?
I have nothing to add, but I hope others do! OP I could have written your post.
I guess for me, sometimes there is no mutually agreed upon "rule". Sometimes, for my own sanity's sake, I make the rule and that's that. Again, I"m not shaming, hitting, yelling and what not so it is still "gentle". I think GD is a spectrum so there is no need to tell someone who is a little more on the rule side that they are not GD.
Isn't what you're referring to called "consensual living"? I don't think that's the same thing as gentle discipline, IMO anyway. For me, gentle discipline includes rules and limitations. It's gentle and guiding. I'm not shaming or threatening or yelling. There are plenty of rules and limitations in the world, I don't think there is anything not gentle about having some household rules.
Annnnnd I killed the thread......... Come on people!!
I sort of know what you mean, but for me it is in a larger sense. I have ADD and I feel the need to have my scenery changing often. Unfortunately, now that we bought a house and have kids, I can't just up and move like I want to. I'm sure that's totally not helpful in any way. Hope you can come to some peace about it!