or Connect

Posts by tiffani

helping the mom deal with her issues IS helping the baby -- and I think people need to be careful with smothering the baby with too much affection before the mom and dad and baby have a secure bond -- many adoptive parents really limit the amount of physical affection they allow others to give their adopted children until the children learn who mom and dad are...(or mom and mom, or just mom or dad ;-))  yes, this baby may need extra love from others if things don't turn...
LOL!  I don't have time to come around here much anymore, so I missed all of this until now, but yes, I can assure you that I did in fact adopt two children from Uganda, and WE GOT VERY LUCKY (because despite all my research, we were still fairly naive) and their adoptions were totally, 100% ethical, unless you count the very fact that our adoption being "successful" was something that probably led to more adoptions happening, and now there is definitely a market for...
I'm not sure if this is ok to post here -- I looked for the rules for this forum but couldn't find them... mods can remove if necessary...   There are 3 waiting kids in Uganda, and the two older ones need a family quickly before I do something crazy and try to adopt them ... here is a link to their featured profiles on Reece's Rainbow: http://reecesrainbow.org/?s=africa If anyone wants more details, here are links to the two different agencies you can use to...
dana1974 do you have experience with Ugandan adoption?     sillymom44, dana1974 is not totally off base here, Ugandan adoption has gone really awry in the last year... you have to be incredibly careful in adopting from there.  If you are hoping to adopt a young baby or toddler, please just don't. there are huge waiting lists, and if people are waiting, orphans will be created.  Katie (kisses from katie) is taking in older girls and is *hopefully* very careful about...
I'm pretty sure that the adoption tax credit goes back to being non-refundable next year (this year?) so it will only benefit families who fit the right tax criteria.  because of the tax credit, our International adoption of two kids from Uganda, where our whole family got to go meet them in Uganda to bring them home... was basically free.  we did spend $6000 in Canada when we lived there (that we'll never get back), pursuing IA from Ethiopia then Zambia, but we moved to...
sorry you're trying to adopt in the UK, that's not easy... or maybe domestic is easier, I only know that international from the UK is tough.  do you know any other gay couples (particularly men, sadly there is a bit of discrimination against no-mom families) in your "region" who have adopted? can I ask why you've specified a boy?  I can imagine a few reasons, but like Smithie so bluntly stated ;-), you would be fine with a daughter... they do love their dads, those...
I'm not sure where that figure came from, I can't remember where I heard it now... S**a B*****n maybe?  she has done a ton of research... I don't see how that many could be seen in court in a year, but I think it was basically the "line up" -- maybe all cases in process, from waiting for referrals to trying to get through court?  not sure.... it will be interesting to see the #'s from 2011... do you know how many kids were adopted in 2011?  
sorry, it probably seemed rude that I didn't reply to the OP, but it's a really old thread, she has since had a baby -- I checked because I am pretty sure you can't adopt from Tanzania at this point in time, so I searched for more threads from the OP to double check... since it was revived, I thought I'd try to answer the more current question, but wasn't all that successful anyway, lol...
hugs... it's hard, but you have a very steep learning curve ahead of you, and everyone here is trying to help you.  I didn't get a chance to read the posts you deleted, but I do hope you're learning something about parenting adopted children along the way, because it is different, and you didn't exactly set out to adopt, but that's the situation you're in...   It also occurred to me how hard this situation must be for you in terms of your relationship with your...
Albertom, I'm not exactly sure what you're asking... is your daughter's older sister an adult?  are you wondering if you give guardianship of your daughter to her older sister, will she have an easier time getting permanent residency or citizenship?  That's a tough one, have you talked to an immigration attorney?  I think I would just wait the 4 years, rather than deal with the risk of giving legal guardianship of my child to their sibling.... I'm not 100% sure if that's...