or Connect

Posts by trijosie-mama

I'd love to join ya mamas!! I'm 5'4" and 4 weeks post partum, current weight is around 165, I'm usually around 145, but have alwasy wanted to be around 135, I think i was getting close before the holidays last year, and then I got pregnant and gained too much(195 the day before birth!). That's all over now and I'm on the route to being me again. I was able to start walking 2miles daily last monday, okay I take the weekends off, but i'm doing enough laundry and...
Curly~ I did the same thing! Went to the mall, figured I would need a size up and realized it's more like 2 or 3 sizes up!! Shirts are the same, except i used to wear tighter shirts and now I want them a bit more loose! I will not be going to the mall again untill I have lost some wieght on the scale and the pants I wear every day now are too big! I should be able to start jogging in wks and hopefully walking 2 miles daily is helping right now!
Just jumping in to say how great it is to hear what everyone else is doing! I have been using a tiny bit of Aveeno lavendar baby wash, burts bees apricot oil and TTO. I'm wondering if the red marks on dd's tush might go away if I stop using TTO, I know I used way to much in the last batch of wipes I did, this time I didn't use but a drop or two, if the redness persists I'll stop all together. I was looking at the wipe warmer at Target today too!! I want it, but feel...
mom2threenurslings~ I would love some organic beef!!! And it's good to know I'm not the only mama who gets stuck eating crappy McD's once in awhile! I hate it but sometimes i feel like I have no other option!! I get frustrated with DH over food too, he doesn't think we can afford to shop at the co-op, he likes buying meat at Sam's club where it's cheap, but I feel so disgusted when I think of what could be in that meat! I told himthat I have to ignore everything in me...
okay I'll come too.... I hate one hand typing, but I want to hold Josie right now, I'm feeling really bad about her rash, I just bathed her with water only and wrapped her in a thick flannel blanket. As far as ppd goes, it's an on off thing, my guilt right now is pretty overwhelming, I keep thinking how could I let my baby get such a terrible rash, what kind of mother am I??? And in the middle of the night when I can't get her back to sleep, I get really weepy then,...
I'm alittle concerned about dd's rash, it's not dipe related. It's on her baby double chin, neck back and now chest. It doesn't seem to hurt her, but it'ss getting worse. It started out looking like little pimples so I'm thinking baby acne, but now the spots have formed red patches of pimples. I guess I'm just wondering if it is just baby acne? do I need to worry and what should I put on it, if anything? We've been using Aveeno Lavender baby wash and lotion, I have the...
Thanks for all the input!! I'll probably stick with prefolds and maybe get some fitteds off ebay, I know a local girl who sells BWW's for pretty cheap and has some WAHM fitteds that are super cute! I think we'll probaby go with wonderoos for night time, i may get bold and try wool, but so far I'm afraid of it. Not because I don't think it'll work, but I'm afraid of becoming addicted to buying cute wool things!!!! Thanks again mamas!
I'm new to cloth, dd is 3 1/2 weeks, I've been using mostly prefolds, some fitteds, light wraps and a BWW cover, and then at night I have some WHAM pockets and 2 fb's I usually stuff with Hemp stuffers I got on ebay. I need to get more covers and figure that my 10 lb baby girl will also outgrow the infant prefolds pretty soon, before I spend any more money I need to figure out where I'm going with this system! I have figured out several different things I can do...
Sounds like we're all in similar situations! Our money is tight too, I was lucky and worked paid me an extra week of vacation, gotta love H.R., I kiss up to them they give me some extras!(I actually really get along with them!) With our basement flooding and needing to cut the tree that is causing the problem down, add in that Josie is outgrowing all her clothes already (we were counting on handme downs from SIL, but her girl is only a pound more than Josie and 3 months...
What about using A&D ointment? It's what the dr suggested to help prevent or clear up a rash, will it hurt my dipes??