or Connect

Posts by trijosie-mama

I asked Ds1 what ds2 should be for Halloween and he declared "Purple!" Not exactly sure what we are going to do for him. Any purple suggestions would be greatly appreciated since ds1 is quite insistant that ds2 will be purple. [/QUOTE] How about the kid from the purple crayon booK? I can't remeber the title,but it's popular, man I just can't remeber the kids name, but maybe he'd want to be that kid, carrying around a purple crayon, drawing his story. The only other...
my babes is greenish too, and more yellow/gold than orange. her dr. didn't seem to think there was anything wrong with it.
Ds insists on being darth vader, since he already has the helmet all I'llneed to do is make a black cape. Josie will probably wear ds's old puppy outfit, it's just a whit sleeper with black pock-a-dots and a hood with ears. We're going to a family Halloween party and then a little trick or treating, ds doesn't eat alot of candy, so the motre he gets the more I'll eat!!! I don't need it either, I've got to try and lose 30 extra lbs of baby weight by the end of...
Josie had her 2 week check up yesteday, although she's almost 3 weeks now!! She weighed 10lbs 1oz and is 22 inches long! Compared to 9lbs 5ozs when we left the hospital and 19 1/2 inches when born! She has already outgrown her newborn clothing and diaper covers! Which stinks because I didn't order more untill yesterday! I'm just blown away with how big shes getting, is it normal to grow so much?? She also may have some neck muscle problems. I guess her muscle is...
curlyfry~ I would defenitly push for the cloth!! I used sposies in the begining because of he covers hitting the imibilicul stump, they leaked all the time. Cloth diapers are so much better!! I think shes leaked one time, last night and it's because i fell back to sleep instead of changing her. I've been so happy about using cloth and I have no one to brag to! it's just amazing how much better it is and I'm blown away that more people don't do it. I suppose they...
Finally my house to myself!! Okay not actually,. ds didn't have school today and dh was home from work by 1pm, but Mil is gone so it's just my family! Josie is getting to be more fussy during the day and sleeping more at night. I feel like when ever she's awake she's fussy, then falls asleep when consoled. She has had more gas the last 2 days so i know that isn't helping. She tooted so hard it made her cry, I'm doning bicycle legs and trying to get her properly...
so I tried to use the breast pump today, no good. It's the Medela double ease and it just wouldn't work! So I broke out the Avent hand pump I used with ds and got 4 ozs right away. I don't understand the electric one not working, it's like there is no suction and I won't let down while using it. With the hand pump I think I'm better because I can control the suction, strength and length. I'm just not sure how often i should pump, it's too tiring to pump after ever...
my moto is everything in moderation! I had a cup of coffee almost everyday while prgenant, so I continue to do so, if I notice that it effects Josie somehow, then I'll stop. I havn't had more than a few drinks of dh's beer, but I don't think it hurts either. I know that its suggested to help bring in your milk. I also tend to think that it wasn't too many years ago that women didn't stop drinking while pregnant or nursing and I know over doing it isn't good, so I...
I'm happy to be stuck here with you mamas!!
How is it going this week? well, pretty good, but is it still supposed to hurt when she latches on?? It's been 2 weeks I would have thought I'd be used o her by now. I'm not sore, although i had a cloged duct that hurt like crazy for a day, but with the help of some warm wash clothes and gently massage it went away. There is a nursing moms group at the hospital I gave birth in, maybe i'll go this week. Where do you find that you nurse often? DH bought me a glider...