or Connect

Posts by artgirl

thank you everyone. I asked him this morning if they all spent the night at "her" house and he said yes. I've always co-slept with my kids... do I have the right to ask how they slept over there? There's no point to me asking is there? If my kids wanted to curl up with her would I deny them that? Would I ask them not to love her to protect my frail self esteem? No. I'd like to, but I never could. But in the meantime I don't know how to manage myself. I feel like...
Not being able to eat, anxiety and hair loss. ARGH... handfuls of hair falling out for months. Stress can really mess you up. I am so sorry for you. I don't have anything helpful to offer... just know you aren't alone. And I'm praying for all of us.
I'm shocked at my own weakness and it makes me embarrassed. Despair is a good word to describe how I feel these days. I am usually someone who can keep it together... and I think most of the people around me think I AM keeping it together. If only they knew how fragile I feel. How, right now, I have moments where it feels like it would be better to be dead. I'd never do it... but the thought sounds freeing. Free me from this divorce hell. I should consider myself lucky...
ARGH. This is much harder than I'd ever imagined. My ex is involved with another woman. Was from the beginning of our divorce in June. My three children have recently met her. I have primary custody. He sees the kids every other weekend and some weeknights. So I have the most discipline/work involved with the kids. The laundry, the sicknesses, the homework, the feeding, the bedtimes, teethbrushing, etc. He and his new "friend" seem like soooo much fun to my kids and I...
chopped it up to make artwork. great processing/healing process. took a painting sbx made for me when we were engaged and altered it to show our new situation. it was great.
thanks peaceful mama. Boy did I need to read that tonight. Because I need to know that I'm not the only mom who feels this way right now. And the resistance thing is huge... but in the moment... Gosh I have such a hard time dragging myself out of my grouchiness. I was such a crab to my kids all day today. ALL day. Because I got grouchy about one thing and could not move on. I just added to the feeling with every little annoying thing that they did and then felt bad about...
this thread is making me cry. I want to be mindful as much as possible but I also want to do everything perfectly. I don't want the neighbors to think "oh, poor single mom hasn't taken care of her yard in weeks". I want my business to run without a glitch. I want to volunteer in my kids' class. I want to run three miles every other day and make homemade healthy food every day. I don't want dirty dishes to pile up. I want our house to look great. I want my kids to have...
boy, that's a tough one. I'm nursing my 2-year-old and he just doesn't go on overnights with his dad yet. I feel like the divorce is traumatic enough... I didn't want to take away his most comforting activity at the same time. Yes, I'd kinda like to wean him... but then I think not. My stbx lives less than 2 miles away though so when it's his weekend he keeps ds for the day, brings him home around 6 p.m. and then picks him back up at 8:30 a.m. the next morning. Yes,...
I have to say that I really make it a priority to do fun things with my kids. So dad doesn't get to do ALL the fun stuff. I work from home so I'm with them all the time. Yesterday in the a.m. we met friends at the park, later in the day I had to run some errands so afterwards we stopped so they could have their first ever Slurpee and I took them to the nature center where we saw frogs and turtles. Then they did crafts while I made dinner. I read to them before bed every...
I think this must be common. I hope. I have primary custody of my three kids. Dad kinda sprung it on me in June that he was "done" being married so our divorce is not even final yet. He lives in a small apartment close by and the kids see him every other weekend and most evenings from 4-6 p.m. My 7 year-old dd is having a rough time with the idea of the divorce. Her and I are butting heads like crazy it seems. I feel I've been trying to make sure we talk, do fun things,...