or Connect

Posts by artgirl

I've weaned my other two babies at 16 months and 19 months. I figured it would be about the same for this little guy. But we had a big trip planned in June and I thought it would be easier to travel and get him to sleep in hotels if here were still nursing. Then right before the trip dh told me he wanted a divorce. ACK! Who can wean a baby when they are going through a divorce?! So he's going to be 2 in 9 days and we are still nursing. We are going to stay at a cottage...
anyone? anyone? we are going through it now. I could use some hope/empowerment/positive thinking and the kids could use some help as well.
will anyone share with me how much child support they recieve? I have three kids under the age of 7 and am in the middle of divorcing... I'm wondering what's reasonable? We are trying to avoid a lawyer but I don't want to short-change myself. Even if you'd PM me... $500 a month for each child? More? less? Just doing a little informal research.
I know this seems like a minor problem but I could use some insight. My 4-y.o. ds talks ALL THE TIME. He interrupts people, he asks never-ending questions and sometimes likes to argue just to talk. Most of the time I can deal with is. But there are times, like when I'm trying to talk to someone else, or when I'm trying to do 4 things at once, the baby is crying, I'm trying to make a grocery list, etc. when I just want him to STOP. Sometimes I ask him nicely if he could...
Did anyone see the article in People about the man whose wife died shortly after delivery their son... and 25 women in Marquette, MI (where the man lives) are nursing his baby for him! Oh my... had me practically sobbing. He said he knew his wife wanted to breastfeed the baby for at least a year and all these women are loving his baby for him. Things like this give me hope for the world. Seriously. ::
Did anyone see the article in People about the man whose wife died shortly after delivery their son... and 25 women in Marquette, MI (where the man lives) are nursing his baby for him! Oh my... had me practically sobbing. He said he knew his wife wanted to breastfeed the baby for at least a year and all these women are loving his baby for him. Things like this give me hope for the world. Seriously.
my 19 m.o. forgot how to latch on in a matter of days as well. I felt badly but didn't want to make him (and me) go through weaning twice so we just kindof worked with it. I was amazed how quickly he could forget something he'd been doing every day since the moment he was born! Strange don't you think?
You are a good mother. A strong mother. A mother who did something that was INCREDIBLY hard and scary to save her son. You should be proud. I'm sure you feel horrible, but think of how innocent your son is... what price is worth shattering that? Nothing to me. I'm afraid of what I would do if I ever found my dh had done something inappropriate to one of our children. Hold your head up. Hug your son. Keep focused on WHY you are doing what you are doing by looking at his...
"Vanilla milk". I make vanilla milk for my kids when they come in from the cold as an alternative to hot chocolate. Or when they are up and having a hard time getting to sleep. heat milk, pour in a dab of vanilla and a little bit of sugar. It's very soothing and I know it makes them feel cared for.
MY mom just got her prolapsed vagina fixed... now how do you explain THAT?!