or Connect

Posts by artgirl

you need a pump. I'm afraid you won't be able to maintain a supply on only 3 feedings a day either. Plus it will help with the over-supply. Pump it out and store it up for the in-between times when you are in too much pain to nurse. And it will help with a too strong let-down. Pump until let down... once the flow has eased up a little have your baby latch. Its those first few sucks that are so intense (to get the milk to let down) that are sooo painful. Maybe if the...
holy smokes... cut yourself some slack. Really mama. I'm not condoning hitting but no one is perfect. I think maybe making such a big deal of it is more damaging than the hitting. You apologized. He's okay. You both understand it was wrong. So now... if you're wallowing and beating yourself up... that's how he'll learn to feel when he makes a mistake. And although YOU think YOU deserve it... I'm sure you wouldn't want your ds to beat himself up the way you are doing if he...
okay, now I read the posts. I see you already have a nipple shield. Use it when you have to, and yes, for the full feeding if you have to... or if you're okay after the let-down, take it off. Sounds to me like you're engorged. Have you tried pumping some milk off before he nurses? And then once he's done I'd empty your breast with the pump. Also, this is not super helpful except to give you some hope. My second babe... we had some trouble in the beginning but...
I haven't read a single reply... so someone may have already thrown this out there... but I bet not because it's not a popular solution... but get yourself a nipple shield. Before anyone boos and hisses at me... I've been in the O.P.'s position. Sooooo painful, bleeding... part of my nipple falling off. I am not exaggerating. Being soooo stressed and in tears I even called my dad (ha! like he even knew what to do with me). Baby spitting up blood... all of it. Some...
nothing? Nobody?
Hi. The powers that be are threatening to close our most fantastic Reggio preschool due to a budget crisis. We (the parents) will be going to the board meeting on Tuesday, Jan. 20 to try and convince them otherwise. I am desperate to save our school. I thought that asking for help here on MDC, with so many active and well-informed mothers, I'd be able to find some info. I know you all do your reading and research to find the best solutions for your children. Does anyone...
I'm just in awe at how beautiful your little earth ruiners are. I have three and get comments at that. I'd love to have more but dh is done.
I do see the incredible irony in the fact that I am exhausted...more tired than I've been in my life... LONGING to take a nap... and my ds lies there, refusing to sleep. I want to cry.
well, wouldn't you know it... my little guy was getting SICK. You'd think after 3 years of him I'd catch on that sometimes bad behavior = feeling yucky. He's better today.
of course, tonight, going to bed... ds doesn't want to go to sleep because he has bad dreams. I lay with him until he's sleeping. As we lie there he says "I love you" and I say "I love you too" and then he scootches as close to me as he can possibly get. We lie there for awhile and then he puts his hand in mine... and finally drifts off. It's as though he needs me to lead him into sleep by holding his hand. I feel badly that sleep is a scary place for him right now. His...