or Connect

Posts by artgirl

oh he's driving me nuts today. We had a few *good* days there but we're back to the yelling, pickiness, aggression that seems to be the norm nowadays. He's downstairs now having a fit over his peanut butter sandwich... which is what he WANTED for lunch and never ate. We kept it for him for the next time he was hungry (now) and he's raging about how he HATES peanut butter sandwiches, he's never going to eat another one EVER! And asking for something else to eat. Well,...
athlete's foot. I never knew what it looked like but the calloused heels is just what I had. I thought it was from running... but shoes were rubbing or something. I told my dh that my feet were so dry... and he said "that's atheletes foot". I couldn't believe it. Never had it in my life. Bought some cream and it was gone within 2 days. It can really itch though. Mine didn't but sounds like maybe your dds does. Just a thought.
I have gently-used things I'd love to give to someone in need but I can't find a link to the info anywhere... someone help!
eepster... he goes to preschool. 4 days a week for 3 or so hours. He loves it. Sometimes he doesn't want me to leave but then he also doesn't want to go home when its time. They do fantastic stuff there... a ceramic artist comes in and teaches the kids how to work with clay... then he takes their stuff back to his studio and fires it for them. They have a cartoonist come in once a month and draw stories as the kids make them up... They play outside every day. It's an...
Quote: and also from the idea that you can always reason with a child who is being completely and utterly unreasonable!! ahhh yes. To see this in writing helps. Because I try to reason... so much sometimes... and he won't listen, mostly because he's all worked up already and so reasoning is really impossible. I can see that he's frustrated. Has an older sister that can do many things he can't. Also has a baby brother... who gets lots of attention. I...
I really just need to vent. I've had it. Just for now, you know. Venting will help. My 3.5 y.o. ds drives me nuts. Sometimes after a day arguing with him, dealing with his whininess, his aggression, his neediness, his constant talking, his demands, his pickiness, his refusal to eat, his argumentativeness, his questions.... seriously, he comes near me and its physical revulsion. I just want to be AWAY. He's sucked all the life out of me and I have no more left to give to...
I have a double BOB. Love it. Love it. Love it. It is sooo incredibly smooth and easy to handle. I run with my almost 4 year old and 14 month old in it and it's great. When I had dd#1 my brother bought me a 5K jogger. Just a single. I didn't know any better then and thought that was okay. But now that I have the BOB... nothing compares. I started running with babies when they were about 6 months. Maybe a little earlier. They need to have some head control. Also I used...
oh I know... it can become a grind... and it's REALLY hard work. Harder than anything I've ever done... but I never had my mom at home. She NEVER was able to come to our holiday parties. I was always envious of kids whose moms were at school helping. Moms that packed their lunches and put notes inside about how much they were loved. No one was home but the t.v. when I came home from school. No one to listen to my day's events. I can be there for my kids now. We can go to...
I've been trying to get here for 6 years. Ever since my dd was born and I knew that I wouldn't possibly be able to return to full-time work again. (And I LOVED my job). So gradually.... ever so gradually... things have been shifting... part-time... part-time, fewer hours... and now... HERE I AM. Okay, I think technically I'm a WAHM because I run my own graphic design business now out of our extra bedroom but I FEEL like I've made it. I get to be here for my kids. I work...
huh... who knew? This is really interesting to me because my 3.5 y.o. just started doing this. I catch him chewing on the blanket sometimes when we are going to sleep. And it seems he was chewing the cuff of his shirt the other day too. Verryyy interesting. When he was a baby he'd walk/crawl around chewing on a baby washcloth all the time but I attributed that to teething. I wonder if there's something else going on??? Either way, it hasn't become a problem. I'll just...