or Connect

Posts by artgirl

oh boy. that was beautiful and I believe you're right with all my heart. I haven't even adopted a child (yet) but I'll never forget reading this. I think it applies to my bio kids as well though.
sounds like he's 3. honestly... I posted something similar to this a few months back. I thought something serious was going on with my little guy. My dd wasn't like this either. Turns out, he's just 3. Not to diminish the difficulty of being 3. Seriously, they're searching for their personal power and testing limitations. They don't quite have the social skills or vocabulary or understanding of themselves to vocalize their feelings or even know what they heck they ARE...
looks like I'm going to be the lone dissenter. Going from 2-3 was kinda hard for me. Not so much when #3 was a newborn... but now that he's a toddler... It's hard to be going in three directions at once. My kids are each 2.5 years apart. 6, 3.5, and 1. All of their needs are radically different and it's hard to switch gears fast enough sometimes. I feel like I'm just lugging the baby around on my hip a lot of the time and not being able to really interact because the older...
Altair.... in terms of sheets. We had a queen sheet on our bed, a crib sheet on the crib mattress and the sewn together sheet over the whole thing covering the gap. It was definitely a pain to change the sheets. Nevertheless... with leaky milk, leaky dipes, and so many people in one bed... it had to be done AT LEAST once a week. It was a project. Maybe someone has a better way.
I don't have a link but here's what we did: Our bed is a mattress and a boxspring on the floor. Our crib has adjustable mattress height (I think they all do). So when the baby is an infant you don't have to lean over so far to put them down (mattress up high) and when they get bigger then can't jump out over the rail (mattress dow low). We took the side of the crib that moves up and down off. We pushed the crib next to our bed and adjusted the crib mattress height to be...
:
the thing about this that always bothered me is that people told me ds#3 was a gorgeous baby all the time in front of my other two kiddos. What are they? chopped liver?
instead of ipod - earpod (makes more sense ya know?) life preserver/safety vest morped into - lifety preserver not really new word but I love how my ds drops "s" from the beginning of words. For instance 'pooky 'piderman 'pirit 'pace it just sounds so cute. I also love the way he says mosquito... mo-quito. :
My 12 mo has anemia. My ped wants him to take an iron supplement. I know it's going to taste terrible. Does anyone have any experience with this? How did you get your baby to take the supplement? They're giving him 8 weeks to bring it up. I want to make sure it's okay by then so we don't have to keep doing this. They suggested mixing it with Hershey's chocolate syrup. I'd rather not. The midwives at the local birth center suggested Floridex... an iron supplement they...
This thread has been really helpful to me. Today was a better day. Don't get me wrong... things don't change overnight... but its nice to have re-affirmation that some of the things I've been doing are maybe actually the right approach. I noticed today ds's attempts to escalate the situation. He will not drop a subject if you'll continue to talk/argue with him about it. The tip to just state that "I'm finished discussing this now" worked today. He'd try to bait me......