or Connect

Posts by artgirl

I don't know why but its good to know I'm not the only one experiencing this. I wanted to post a good example of the type of thing he does. This is a typical lunch conversation. ds: moooommmm, I'm hungry. me: Okay, what would you like? ds: I said I'm hungry me: I know, what would you like to eat for lunch? ds: icecream is not a healthy lunch me: right, icecream is not a healthy lunch. Here are your choices, you can have peanut butter sandwhich or mac and cheese...
My 3 yo ds is driving me nuts. To the point where I don't even want to be around him. It's horrible. I don't even know if I can describe what goes on here. Things just always seem to escalate with him. He's not very rational and has no shut-off switch. I warn him when I feel myself getting angry... or I'll say "please stop whining, I'm going to lose my patience in a minute" and that almost seems to egg him on. My dd will back off if I tell her that she's pushing me. Ds...
too long!! sometimes seeming to be almost through and then backing up. ARGH.
I second the bouncing on the exercise ball. We do the same thing. Through 3 kids now. works like a charm. Now... how do you stop bouncing????
my 5-year old prefers that I lay with her until she's asleep. BUT when I was pregnant with #3 I had to take my prenatal vitamin at night to avoid getting sick and for some reason it said not to lay down for a half hour after taking it. At that time I explained to dd that I'd lay with her and ds until ds fell asleep (he usually slept faster, he's younger) and then I had to get up for awhile to take my vitamin. She was nervous at first... I had to promise to leave the door...
Boy, I'm sensitive to this because my 2nd child is a picky eater in my opinion. His thing is yogurt. Good enough for you in moderation but NOTHING is good for you when it's all you'll eat. He won't even TRY to put things in his mouth. He looks at them or touches them to his tongue and they are rejected. Or by smell. As a baby he did better. I'm hoping he'll grow out of it. I'm annoyed at the judgmental moms here who are saying that picky eaters are created. Or that...
wow! thinking of getting preggo so soon boggles my mind. I could not handle it. Of course, we are also done. Our Aug. 24, 2007 babe was the last. (sigh). Dh already had his vasectomy. Three will have to be where my baby bearing ends.
so now I'm sweating bullets. We still need my income. But it's been so nice. No rushing around in the mornings. No babysitters to rely on. No wondering what my kids are doing. Ahhhh. So send me some money prayers so that we can make this work! Thanks.
mybabysmama, thanks. and I'm sure you'll be up for the work it takes to raise however many children you end up with. Best wishes to you on that front... ~Kelly
Quote: Remember though, there are those of us who would give anything to be lucky enough to have more than one child (and so many would give anything for at least one.) Honestly... I know this. And I tell my children how lucky I feel to be their mother almost every day. I didn't start until late and feel INCREDIBLY lucky that I have them. All three of them! What a dream come true. But that doesn't mean that it's not a challenge to respond...