or Connect

Posts by artgirl

thanks for all of your thoughts on this mybabysmama! I know I have to control my own emotions. Easier said than done sometimes. I truly wish I was the saintly mother I aspire to be at all times. But it just doesn't happen. Some days better than others obviously. I wonder often how to balance being soooo patient with teaching ds that the way he is treating me is sometimes not acceptable. A natural consequence of yelling and whining at someone all the time would be...
ds does sleep with me at night and I do lay down with him for naps. he isn't in daycare, we have a babysitter come to our home 3 days a week for 5 hours a day. the babysitter is great, very gentle. we don't watch much t.v. and what he does see is PBS programming...... honestely, he's just really smart. I had to put one of his toys up because he hit his sister with it and he said "if you put him up I'll just climb up there and get him." that just rankles me....
my 3 yo ds and I are having a hard time right now. He cries often, gets frustrated often, yells, growls, etc. He is generally unpleasant to be around a lot of the time. I lose my patience and feel horrible. He's recently started saying things to me like "if you make me take a nap I'll sit up and yell the whole time" or "if you put Jasper to sleep I'll yell the whole time". How do I handle this? Here's some background... he has an older sister who has always been a...
I'm really struggling with my 3 yo ds. I don't know if it's his age, a stage or his boyness. We are butting heads daily. I didn't have such a struggle with my dd. I thought it might be helpful if I read something specifically about boys. He's also recently become a middle child..... I just want to help him and make sure I handle this time as gently as I can. Anyone have any good suggestions?
Nope. Not necessarily. I had a high needs babe who was a breeze as a toddler and is still a breeze at 5. On the other hand I had a very easy-going baby who became very high-needs at 2.5. You never know, kids have their individual stages where they just need you more. that's been my experience anyway. Good luck. I think the loving you're giving him now will pay off in the future.
I've had someone come to my house to watch all three of my infants. I think it's less stressful for the baby to be in their regular environment and since they have to deal with a new caregiver I wanted to keep whatever I could consistent. I've used college students, since we live in a college town, and had great luck. We have a wonderful student right now that's been with us 7 months. Other pros to having somene come to your house... 1. you don't have to package your...
My ds... oh... where to begin? He's super verbal. Very smart. VERY emotional. Not as physical as his older sister was at the same age. He seems to tire easily or else is unmotivated to walk very far by himself. It's hard to tell which. He is potentially not getting quite enough sleep as we have a 5 month old in the house and we all co-sleep. Ds will take a nap in the morning but even if I try to have him nap in the afternoon he'll not sleep. His eyes will be so red and...
Any moms out there want to reassure me that at some point my stomach will go back to normal? Not even normal... I'd settle for a modified normal. I feel like I'm in someone else's body sometimes when I glimpse the fat roll that my baby is lying on to nurse and realize it's my stomach! ARGH. The rest of me is pretty slim... I'm hoping that my body is just holding extra flab while I'm nursing in case we run into a food shortage???
thank you! The Martha Stewart recipe sounds really similar to the one she must've used. (the ingredients were listed on the label). I'm going to give it a whirl. My kids are so excited!
two years ago when dd was in preschool, a mother of one of the little girls in dd's class made everyone chapstick for valentine's day. She made different flavors and decorated the tubes with stickers and a cute label. Plus the chapstick was fantastic... it worked great. Does anyone know how to do this? I'd love to do the same thing for my dds classmates now that she's in kindergarten. It sure beats candy! thanks!