or Connect

Posts by boobear

I'm 6'3" and I'm still amazed at comments I get from kids and adults. I learned a long time ago, when you are out of the socially perceived normal range (physically or emotionally) people feel the need to make some sort of decision about you, and it's not always positive. That person's comments were rude, but that shouldn't make your son feel bad and he will learn from you how to handle those kind of comments (and if she were more mature she would have handled her...
I have 3 girls and they're all pretty good with manners, but it's an ongoing learning experience Under normal circumstances (if they're not tired, hungry or sick) I typically push for good manners. I don't make a war of it but I remind them by asking them not to "sing it" or to "speak like a robot" (my 5 yr old dd responds well to that one), I'll even fake a proper English accent and repeat their request. Sometimes I respond with a "Miss B, did you say you would enjoy...
Tough situation but I think that if I were in your shoes (knowing I have limited info) I'd focus on dd and not another adoption right now. Her eating issues should be addressed by a professional, from what I know of eating issues they are deep and require someone trained in that area. Your dd seems to have a close bond to your mil (put your feelings about mil aside for now). I'd try and figure out how to grow the bond with my dd to be stronger than that of mil, through...
I've also read that it is wise to get a neighbor or someone else to be present before you would allow CPS into your home. Just tell them they are allowed in but not until you get another person present as you are on your own (even if they do have a warrent). This would help keep CPS on better behavior as well as have another present to observe what's going on in case there is an issue. Do you have any neighbors you could ask in advance? It might help giving...
This is all very interesting A few years ago I stumbled onto the name and number of a lovely grandmotherly Russian lady to watch my first dd at our house when I was working. I was about to quit my job because the child care center I had my first dd at was making me anxious. Our Russian nanny was with us for about a year and ended up becoming more like extended familyto us. There was a little language problem, she was not very good at speaking english and tended to...
My 5 yr old dd has one front tooth that is grey. About 2 yrs ago she was jumping from the coffee table to the couch and went face first on one jump and cried for a moment but then said she was ok because she didn't want me to slow her down. Our dentist told us it was most likely dead but to just leave it alone if it didn't cause any problems because it will come out at some point when her adult teeth come in. If you're worried, check with another dentist to be...
That's my mom. But her thing with my kids was happy meals. Good for you on eliminating tv reception. I don't mind it because I'm not a couch potato and like to tivo anything of interest. With my kids, I do limit tv viewing and our summers are typically no-tv. I can certainly say we have more than our fair share of Dora
We haven't seen him yet, thank you for the post. My girls are bug crazy and would probably love this one. Edit to add: I just took a look at amazon.com for prices and noticed the great user comments (which were all 5 star ratings).
Here's mine What's the last . . . . book your child/ren read for fun? Tonight we read "My Father's Dragon", "Scaley Facts", "Meet My Monster" and "The Sleep Book". book you read for fun? Emily Windsnap and the Monster of the Deep video your kid/s watched? Strawberry Shortcake: Get Well somethingorother computer or video game your kid/s played? noggin.com various games computer or video game you played? Played a few at...
I'll be up at the kiddy pool a lot this summer but I always tell moms while I talk to them that it only takes 120 seconds for a child to drown. So if I seem like I'm not listening it's because I'm watching my the kids. The majority of children who survive are discovered within two minutes following submersion. (see http://128.252.252.15/all-net/englis...tect/drown.htm) Thank you for bringing this up. It's scarey how little time it takes to drown.