or Connect

Posts by boobear

We have one (can't recall the make/model at the moment and I'm not at home). Drop by checkout your local appliance centers as well as Sears and you'll find a variety of energy efficient ones. Make sure you get a model that has the waterfilters inside the unit so that you can replace them easily (older models have them in the back and it requires pulling the whole thing out first!). We replace ours every 3 mos since we use it constantly! Check consumer reports and...
I'm going to try the eucalyptus spray too, the only other non-toxic option I found was to make triangular tubes with really sticky tape inside and place them in corners where you see spiders. If I could catch them I'd put them outside too but that doesn't seem to be an option sometimes. Good luck!
To get them to eat more fruits, try watermelon (encourge seed spitting outside - makes it more fun!). Frozen ice cube trays of pureed fruits (pineapple, apple, mango, oranges, strawberries - whatever's in season). Veggies.. that's a little harder. Sweeten up the veggies a bit if you can so that the taste is more appealing (I think when kids grow older their tastes change so you won't be discouraging a like for veggies later in life). I also like the soy-bean...
We're always using dill, oregano, sage, thyme and mint. I'm getting better at harvesting them and drying/bottling excess. I want to grow cilantro.. we didn't do that this year and I'm really missing fresh cilantro in my food! I'd also like to get an aloe plant for cuts and scrapes.
That was beautiful !
Ditto on Bravado. I have about 6 bra's (Target & Motherhood) that are just ok, and I saw an add for Bravado and gave it a try. Love 'em I ordered straight from the company(fast shipping): www.bravadodesigns.com. For fun, I may give the safari print thongs a try next time
I'm not trying to open up a can of worms or go down some definition rat-hole. I don't question that there are all sorts of situations out there but to continually propagate a politically invented term is not what I thought I'd see on these boards. My point is simply to be sensitive to those dads that try, and because some moms have emotional difficulty dealing with their ex (those that can't take responsibility for their own actions) end up undermining the child's...
Sigh.. using a term like deadbeat dad greatly sadden me. on: Take some time to research how men are short-changed when it comes to custody and pay child support before you use that term again. The actual reported figure of deadbeat dads is under/around 10% (I believe), I'd really like to see the rate of moodswing-mamas that restrict visitation! and, in some cases, I can see why one would simply opt out rather than put up a costly legal battle that utimately...
My husband would love to be a SAHD, and I'd like to be a SAHM, but right now we need 2 incomes. Within the next few years that may become an option (it will depend on what job makes sense to keep when the time comes).
Right now I do Yoga Zone (dvd) at home because it's most convenient (I work out just before bed and end up sleeping better). I do it for toning, but I agree with everyone's comment on how you become more focused on living healthier. Cut out processed foods (one a month) while you're looking for a weight loss program. I replaced chips with pretzels (tastes great with mustard!), soda with water (I saw a show that said there were about 6 tablespoons of white sugar for...