or Connect

Posts by boobear

When my DD is recovering, I continue rehydrating and stay away from refined white (flour/sugar) as much as possible. Try these, but don't expect him to eat as much when he's active, serve small portions: broth (veggie or chicken or meat) whole wheat toast and a little butter whole wheat ritz crackers (or healthier brand) Also, I keep ginger ale around for upset tummies, this you really need to get a healthy brand for it to have real ginger in it. Good luck, I...
Yikes, I didn't know this .. and just today I made 3 pbj's.. 2 with refridgerated organic pb (ran out) and one with Skippy.. the Skippy had been in the cabinet for ages, I thought it was fairly indestructable - mom never refrigerated her pb. Anyway, I noticed a black fungus spot on the top of the jar, two seconds later I tossed the sandwhich (better safe than sorry) - I'm so happy I did!! Thanks for this thread, good info!
That's just precious!!!!
Praise the Lord your little one is fine. With swimming and anything else, it only takes a moment for them to get into trouble, it's scarey. You are an alert mommy and acted quickly!!! Kudos to you!! I know I may be over-protective but I don't let my DD swim without me (DH isn't much of a water person so it's usually me anyway). One thing another mom tried teaching my DD (for safety) is to swim to the edge of the pool and reach up & climb out. I'm...
I voted yes. My mom raised 5 kids (all about a year apart) while my dad worked up to 3 jobs. They did it to move us out of the city (NYC), waaaaaay out to the country (now an over-priced 'burb), she was very isolated for a few years, it was hard on her but I never knew it at the time. I think if my mom had the choice, with 5 of us, she would have prefered disposable diapers. She said it was common practice to get 1 month to a year's diaper service as a baby shower...
My just-turned-three-year-old is doing extremely well in a swimming pool. Here's what's we've been doing the past 2 month (we have a pool in our complex and have been using it since mid-April), maybe it will give you some ideas. She was comfortable in the pool with a swim ring since last summer. First, I started with breathing. I showed her to take a breath and blow out her nose (exaggerated motions on my part). Not terribly exciting for her. Mother's day...
I'm a natural mama in progress..changing a little every day and am greatly inspired by these boards. My best changes: -awareness of food chemicals & pesticides (go organic when possible) vitamins, benefits of probiotics, replace white with brown wheat, grains & beans -no vaccinations -switched to baking soda, vinegar & soap as cleaners -nursed #2 for 2 years and am in progress with #3 -playing "better" with my little ones (less/no tv, reading, enjoying,...
I buy loose green tea and have found I prefer the sweeter/floral aftertaste of "jasmine" type teas. I don't like the woody/barky flavor some green teas are well known for, must be an aquired taste Also, I've ordered from this place (they have organic teas!) and had my tea within 2-3 days of order: http://www.holymtn.com/catalogconnection.htm They have a description of the flavor for each one that helped me figure out what to order. I have no affiliation to...
This is one I do often (with or without meat): Cook up the sausage (grill or sautee) and slice up Cook up some pasta (anything but spagetti, like penne or corkscrews) Sautee oil/butter garlic and any veggies on hand (bell pepper, peas, onion, spinach, nuts) Mix it all up Season with salt & pepper and a few shakes of parmesean cheese Grab some fresh bread to go along with it Hope this helps..
I've made up no-tv days and reading days to help keep us in check. I try and let my dd watch one or two tv shows OR one dvd max per day (she's 3 yrs old). She can't sit when her mind is busy so it's not long before she wanders and then I quietly turn it off. DH watches later in the evening (or x-box's) when we're upstairs getting ready for bed. We have a tivo which helps minimize tv time greatly! When we move I want to put the tv in another room like BusyMommy...