or Connect

Posts by boobear

First off, make a deal Tell him it's only temporary so that she doesn't fall out and break her neck (!!). Then, if you can, in about a year (our DD was a little over 2 when we did this) get another smaller mattress for DD and put it next to your bed. Make up her bed so it's "fun" (in our case, like the big girls beds), pillows, dolls and stuffed animals. We needed her out of our bed in Oct when DD #3 came along, there was not enough space. I know it was only feet...
We just came back from the library, and this is the first time I noticed the kids magazine section. My DD is 2.5 years and really enjoyed "babybug" for stories and play doh ideas (I'm considering getting a subscription so she can have an on-going gift). There's older reading magazines from the same company, I didn't take a good look at them but I'm familiar with the magazine names (there are other mags but this is the only one I can remember right...
Ditto on being sick and consuming lots of junk food around the holidays! To help get motivated I usually browse through my healthy cookbooks. I found a great bean chili recipie and made some cornbread. Sadly, my DH got a stomach bug that day so I had to eat it all myself. Start off easy, roast some garlic and spread it on cracker or toast.
I'm curious how many people are using TWTM out there.. I'm also trying to find a good site that compares homeschool programs (is there such a thing?). I try to look into other programs but find it hard to compare since I haven't done it yet. Laura - I know what you mean about TWTM schedule and going with what works for each of parents/kids very true! I guess it's my way of aiming high and hoping I don't fall too short. I should pop in and read the boards at TWTM...
Ditto, no increase in illness here too. We have 2 small co-sleepers. I (only me, less sleep than the rest I thinks) do catch things from my older dd (8 yrs old) and her friends but only one (24 hr stomach bug) has gone through the entire family last summer. My 2.5 yr old dd had the flu and no one else caught it. I agree with ekblad7 on being closer & healing, also and bf
Not usually, but if she does it's only a little. I hate eating out with others because the older girls have soda and my 2.5 yr old dd wants to do *everything* they do.. AND she won't eat once she has soda. What we try to do is walk her around outside before the food comes out, that way she's not focusing on it at the table. She drinks water and will typically ask for it over anything else.
I'm going to assume I'll be homeschooling by the time my 2.5 year old dd is ready for school. It seems to be the best option but since I'm not sure where we'll be living I'll go check out all my options before I decide. Right now I try to incorporate some sort of homeschool activity into her play in the am and pm. I am really liking the results! My only research into homeschooling has been The Well Trained Mind. It's schedule is pretty rigid and looks tough...
Yes, we follow a routine but it's not a rigid one. This is mostly how our day goes: Breakfast Playground or inside activity Snack Nap Lunch Walk around outside or inside activity Get dinner ready Reading/board game Bath Sleep (finally!) It depends on weather, health, holidays and visitors. I'm beginning to incorporate homeschool topics for my 2.5 year old dd when possible. My older 8 year old dd starts school again on Monday.
I was at the library and spotted this: One More Thing, Dad by Leder, Dora; Thompson, Susan, L. Editions: School and Library (Albert Whitman & Co, September 1, 1980), cover price $10.95 The son collects things for an outing (clever in introducing numbers/counting) while the father is in the kitchen kneading dough. Fun and warm short story, for early readers. Nice illustrations. I was sad to see it out of print! But a quick web search showed some copies out...
My 8 yr old DD just saw Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, I forgot how much I liked it as well. She loves the part where Truely Scrumptous sings "what do you see, you people looking at me, you see a doll on a music box that's wound by a key.." And, of course, the theme song is fun to sing too