or Connect

Posts by Breathe

Hate to say it, but years pass, and this is still an ongoing problem for us.  Tea tree oil DOES work, and recently I made up a concoction of that with olive and coconut oils to spread all over myself.  It was working.  Then I had a period from hell (5 days early, awful cramping, other intense symptoms I won't share here).  Wouldn't have thought the two were related, but then I read that tea tree oil can have estrogenic effects and therefore shouldn't be used on babies or...
Yes, I believe it's the saddest thing I've ever heard. Would you believe that the perp STILL has not been re-charged now that Isabella has died? He's still walking the streets of Orlando, probably driving. The family is staying there until his charge has been upgraded, but I bet even then he'll post bond and be free shortly thereafter. It's horrific and senseless. Thx for the love.
Well there you go. Maybe my subconscious had picked up on some of the criticisms after all. Thanks Mamas. You saved me time. (And in my mental distraction, I never would have found those sites myself.)
A friend's 2 yo was killed by a repeat offender drunk driver last week. Her 9 yo brother was critically injured with a fractured skull, but is out of the hospital now. The family and their community is devastated. http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,6796385.story Community members are gathering for a benefit this Friday night. I'm wondering about having materials at the gathering about MADD: ribbons, bumper stickers, petitions to sign, donation forms,...
I'm likin' these. I want to live by: "Exercise FIRST so that it's done and you can get on with your day." Cause you never know what might happen. There could be a bomb threat at dh's work and he won't get home in time for you to work out. Or your child could end up in the ER getting stitches till 10 p.m. You know, stuff like that. But I just can't seem to make it happen!
P.S. I directed this toward non-dieters, bc I'm looking for guidelines that promote general health . . . not strict rules that are dictated by a particular plan. Hope that makes sense!
Just for fun . . . what little rules or mantras or reminders do you give yourself when aiming to improve your fitness? I'd love to hear them, even if we may not all be on the same page (or even agree), but I think they can be fun and helpful. Here are some I've been mulling lately: Eat only when sitting down. No carbs after 8 p.m. Resist sugar in all forms! What else have y'all got?
Oh good grief . . . This is mildly OT, but someone please tell me Rescue Remedy is gluten-free?!? We have never used it before, just bought some last week for ds1 to help him fall asleep more easily (SO much anxiety there), and as I spray it into his mouth I think, "Hmm. 27% alcohol. Probably GRAIN alcohol. Probably GLUTEN-FULL!" (Sure enough, the never-healing sores at the corners of his mouth were flared up today, but then they do that mysteriously even when he...
Remember that whole potatoes put right on the grill are delicious! I just bought a bag of med-size red ones to grill tomorrow night for guests. And they're getting STEAK! Cause, dammit, we deserve it, and there are only so many nights we can grill burgers! (apologies to all vegetarians!) I also do oven-baked sweet potato fries at least once a week: olive oil, garlic, sea salt, cumin, maybe a dash of GF mustard. Served with GF ketchup, my kids eat lots of em. So...
Hugs to you mamas going thru the same thing. I too wonder how much easier life could be if we could order a pizza every now and then, like say, oh, everyone else in America!!! (I know, I know, it's not healthy, not organic, but jeez, having to cook and clean up every meal and every snack is pretty much a full-time job.) Can any of you get the Namaste mixes? They have cake, brownies, pancakes, and bread, I think. We often make the brownies and just decorate with fresh...