or Connect

Posts by StrongSingleMama

Can I join?! My name is Liz and I am 24. I have had a really time getting over my birth experiences. I am very thankful that my girls are healthy, I truly feel blessed but still it is really hard for me to not feel bitter or sad that I never got to experience a normal pregnancy or birth. Both of my daughters were born extremely premature (27 and 28 weeks) due to me having severe pre-e and I had to have emergency c-sections both times. It was so hard having to go...
1. Lose 50 lbs. Get healthy and in good shape. 2. Quit smoking. 3. Do a better job about keeping in touch with friends and family. That is all I have for now but I am sure the list will keep growing!
Very interesting stuff! I absolutely hate going to the dentist. The last time I went (in Sept) to get my teeth cleaned I was told I have a big cavity that needed to be filled right away. Well because we don't currently have dental insurance I wasn't able to fill it and lately that tooth has been hurting quite a bit off and on. I am soo scared about having to have a root canal or something like that. Once a cavity gets to this point where it is big is there anything...
My daughter had one. She was a preemie and developed hers when she was about a month old and it went away on its own by the time she was 6 months old. At one point hers was pretty big. It stuck out all the time but it was soft when she wasn't putting pressure on it but it felt hard when she was trying to poop or when she was crying etc. Here is what hers looked like. BTW her belly button is now an innie and is adorable, you can't even tell she ever had an umbilical...
Thanks so much ladies for all your great info! I REALLY appreciate it! I have been so confused as where to start. So once I apply for financial aid and apply to a school should I talk to an advisor to see what all I need to take for pre-req's and everything?! What classes would you recommend taking online?! All I have under my belt so far is a year of English, a semester of Spanish, a semester of psych, a semester of Sociology, a year of dance/PE, and a few other...
I have a few questions if that is ok! I REALLY want to go back to school. I only went for a year and took general classes. I know that I want to be a nurse but I am nervous about going back to school after so long. So if anyone could answer these questions I would be very thankful! 1. For those of you with kids how many credits are you able to take per semester? Do you find it stressful to balance parenting and going to school? 2. I have heard it can be really...
I just saw it last weekend and thought it was great!
Oh oops! Lol. Thanks for the link!
Honestly it makes me feel better to hear things like this. I feel the same way a lot of the time. I am a SAHM to an almost 3 year old and a 1 year old. Both were preemies and have been sick a lot and have horrible sleeping habits. I still feel so exhausted most days. It is a lot to keep up with. My husband works outside the home but does absolutely nada around the house so everything at home is my responsibility. There are moments and days where I feel so happy and...
Not sure if this is the right place to put this if not I won't be offended if it is moved or deleted! Anyway I was just curious if anyone saw the last episode of Desperate Housewives?! If so what did you think? There was quite a bit of talk and opposing opinions on the episode about circumcision.